Home

OS Roundtable: NBA Live's Digital Release a Good Idea?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NBA Live's Digital Release a Good Idea? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: OS Roundtable: NBA Live's Digital Release a Good Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
"I'm not making a decision based off a video from a pre-alpha build." -Bishop Tart

I agree completely, and this is all I have been trying to say this whole time. Until I get some solid official info I'm not making any decisions. If the game is solid, I'll buy it, if the game is bad, I won't buy it. But I'm not gonna base my decision off of a leaked pre-alpha video.

It seems like just because the game is releasing for $20.00 people assume its terrible and not a full effort from the development teams. I don't believe that, I feel that this game could be a solid basketball game for a third of the price we pay for our other new games. I will continue to hold that opinion until something official from the NBA Live team shows me otherwise.

Its time to stop beating that drum man

Quote:
My thought now is NBA LIVE 10 should've been pollished, fine tuned, tweaked, adjusted, and damn sure re-advancing the engine that can go NextGen instead of what I've been seeing. Next event... Who knows? I'm only saying this as a poster.

Hopefully I won't get shut down from my statement.. Because I am sharing this with you guys.

This is from a guy seeing the game as it is

You still want to continue to act like there should be some love thrown around for a less than standard of a game?

I have yet to see ONE person who has seen this game in any stage say anything positive about it.... NOTHING at all.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
for $20 after the video i saw..and the failed years of nba elite...why not
Old 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
IMHO it's better than nothing. If EA didn't release a basketball game they would have suffered the same fate as 2K Football games albeit for a different reason. EA is now run by corporations and investors long gone are the days where they looked to put out a quality game now it's only about the bottom line. IGN wrote a good piece on how Corporations are ruining video games. It's fairly obvious that EA is trying to reinvent the wheel with their Games starting with Madden. If they didn't release anything this year for basketball that would have been all she wrote for NBA Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Rookie

AMYO's Arena

OVR: 8
They have are feedback already and know what is needed there doing this so they don't have to cancel the release again
Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
Rookie

you know i'm just shocked that we havent heard anything from anybody that was at the gamestop expo because it was stated that the game showcase their...so dang where are the comments from there or the videos?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 32
Is releasing a lousy game for $20 digitally a good idea? Hell no.

Is it a better idea than releasing the same lousy game for $60 on a disc? Probably.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: OS Roundtable: NBA Live's Digital Release a Good Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
you know i'm just shocked that we havent heard anything from anybody that was at the gamestop expo because it was stated that the game showcase their...so dang where are the comments from there or the videos?
23 just quoted someone from the AC. Does that comment count?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
Rookie

i didn't really pay any attention to the fact that person was at the gamestop expo because it really say that in the quote and to answer your question no not really because he is just one person and everybody has their own opinion about things. So in other words i rather see screenshots or videos myself, so i can be my own judge..not a huge fan trying to go off of other ppl opinion about things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »