Home

NBA 2K13 Has Pre-Game Rituals

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Has Pre-Game Rituals within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 39
Post Re: NBA 2K13 Has Pre-Game Rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Apparently, you guys missed the insight where Mike Wang was saying how they wanted to work on gameplay, CPU team management A.I., on-line servers, and improve association mode as priorities in 2k13. But due to limited resources and time restraints they were not able to work on any of those things and instead chose to focus on adding pre-game rituals and wardrobe selection because once you do a headstand right in front of your opponents bench before game 7 of the finals and make the away crowd jump on your jock, you won't even care about teammate a.i., association, etc..
Some of you guys are hilarious!

Could you give me a link to where Mike Wang said everything you posted or are you being sarcastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Here's the thing, I've played some tremendously fun games on my iPhone that have the most basic interface and graphics. So 2K can include outfits and hand stands and whatever they want, but if the gameplay isn't up to scratch then the gimmicks and 'extra' features will become old real quick.

When it comes to basketball, there are still people playing College Hoops 2K8 and football with NFL 2K5. Why? Because those games nailed the gameplay and immersion factors. They become great and extend their life.

Games these days are more and more leaving me behind with their focus on online and trophies/achievements and 'crews' and all this stuff. And I'm only bloody 33 years old!
I agree on many of your points and you also show the division of Offline and Online importance. I'm a Offline guy, but overall betterment of the game should be priority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
How about they get Arena Intro music to work...thats all I need to come out too...
Omg I hated how it just wouldnt work last year . I really hope they fixed it .
Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
Mr common sense
So you're basically just mad at people for soing thier job how typical.. I guess all they should do is just reship 2k12 with better internet and gameplay no new features no nothing just to make norris happy. Hey maybe theyll even stop making game covers and focus on the computer A.I some more.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 19
again, kind of gimicky!!! Just another way to make a few extra dollars off of the youngsters who care about this stuff. the peole that complain about sneakers and incorrect accessoies will like this feature. IMO,
Its a feature is targeting a younger deomgraphic.

dont care for it, probably will never use it but at the same time doesnt bother me.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Can you imagine how many injuries would occur?

Breaking news, "A man tore his ACL and his labrum trying to create his own pre-game ritual on kinect. No timetable on when he is expected to have surgery and start his recovery process for next years game."
hahahahaha

nice addition imo though lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I really don't understand the complaining and nitpicking. 2k is just expanding My Player, being that it's one of their most popular modes. Adding this doesn't hurt anything what so ever.

We all know will get more info on other modes within the next couple of weeks. And you can tell that they attempted to improve gameplay by looking at the Gamescon vids. Also the guys from the teamup event said that they improved in a lot of areas gameplay wise.

Really!!! What's the big deal about adding your own pre-game ritual to My Player? There really isn't a reason to complain about this at all. I personally appreciate what 2k is adding to 2k13.

Things are look good. Hopefully this game is a major improvement over 2k12. It sure looks like it is.
Thank You! Some of these people act like they are not gonna improve the game because of the small thinkgs they add... Those things add to the experience... If myplayer was just one menu that lets you play the game and look at your stats, Everyone would say how boring and bare this mode was and they needed to add more. Its just a Cool addition that probably didnt take a very long time for them to add. Its better they have it than not have it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Has Pre-Game Rituals

For my Knicks fans...

Quote:
NBA 2K13's player intro includes Steve Novak doing his discount triple check. Novak: "That's hilarious! I've never seen myself in a game!"
https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/st...18998965796864
Old 09-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K13 Has Pre-Game Rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
again, kind of gimicky!!! Just another way to make a few extra dollars off of the youngsters who care about this stuff. the peole that complain about sneakers and incorrect accessoies will like this feature. IMO,
Its a feature is targeting a younger deomgraphic.

dont care for it, probably will never use it but at the same time doesnt bother me.
Generalizations? SMH...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »