Home

NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 3
no way Howard is a 96
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #154
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99centChickenSammich
Bosh's low rating the past couple of years all makes sense now. The whole world (including 2k devs) saw this garbage, and his credibility hasn't been the same since..

I mean, there's flopping, and then there's acting like you've just been shot in the face with a Desert Eagle. Come on man.
Pathetic. Lost all my respect for Bosh.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just have to weigh in on the lil PG discussion in this thread.

If you are debating the best all-around player that is listed as a PG, it's a fair question worthy of discussion - CP3, Rose, D-Will, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash all excel in certain areas and deserve consideration.

But if you're trying to debate who the best actual PG is?

CP3 is the only player on the above list who has lead the league in assists and AST/TO ratio, even in different seasons. (Try not to let it bother you non-Raptors followers that Jose Calderon is the only other PG who has even come close to doing this) If you don't understand how impressive that is, try to imagine a volume shooter like Kobe leading the league in FG%.

CP3 is the only player on the above list to lead the league in win shares (in 07-08, when he was the MVP by a huge margin but the media voted Kobe his lifetime achievement award). He has been the top PG in win shares every year since then except 09-10 when he was injured for half the season, and 2nd only to Lebron among all players last season. He is unquestionably the most valuable PG in the league to whatever team he is on.

Obviously I can't use stats to address the ballhandling thing, but while he is not the best "ankle breaker", his ball control is second to none. Watch his ability to handle the rock in traffic and keep it "on a string". If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league. If you had any two of those guys on the same team, he's the last one you'd slide to the SG position (IMO because of Nash's shooting, D-Will's size, Westbrook and Rose's athleticism, and Rondo's defensive length).

Plain and simple, he puts more on the table and takes less off of it than any player not named LeBron James.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #156
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K13 ratings: D. Howard – 96, C. Bosh - 83, R. Hibbert - 86

Wait, so Hibbert is an 86, but Marc Gasol is an 83? Wow. What the hell were the roster makers smoking.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #157
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
I just have to weigh in on the lil PG discussion in this thread.

If you are debating the best all-around player that is listed as a PG, it's a fair question worthy of discussion - CP3, Rose, D-Will, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash all excel in certain areas and deserve consideration.

But if you're trying to debate who the best actual PG is?

CP3 is the only player on the above list who has lead the league in assists and AST/TO ratio, even in different seasons. (Try not to let it bother you non-Raptors followers that Jose Calderon is the only other PG who has even come close to doing this) If you don't understand how impressive that is, try to imagine a volume shooter like Kobe leading the league in FG%.

CP3 is the only player on the above list to lead the league in win shares (in 07-08, when he was the MVP by a huge margin but the media voted Kobe his lifetime achievement award). He has been the top PG in win shares every year since then except 09-10 when he was injured for half the season, and 2nd only to Lebron among all players last season. He is unquestionably the most valuable PG in the league to whatever team he is on.

Obviously I can't use stats to address the ballhandling thing, but while he is not the best "ankle breaker", his ball control is second to none. Watch his ability to handle the rock in traffic and keep it "on a string". If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league. If you had any two of those guys on the same team, he's the last one you'd slide to the SG position (IMO because of Nash's shooting, D-Will's size, Westbrook and Rose's athleticism, and Rondo's defensive length).

Plain and simple, he puts more on the table and takes less off of it than any player not named LeBron James.
I agree with you everywhere except for the margin of how much better you say he is.. When he is playing at his 100% self level (not this past year with NJ) I think Deron Williams is just about as good as CP3 is.. If not its a close second..

After those two I think it's a big drop off, Rondo just because he is so terrible offensively for a PG and Rose and Westbrook because simply being athletic doesn't cut it...

I also agree with you that people don't realize how great of a ball handler CP3 is.. It's not all about the highlight ankle breaking cross overs, it's about controlling the ball, being able to take it to whenever you want on the court and not turning it over.. CP3 and Rondo are the best in the league at that.. Maybe Nash as well.

I like how your argument separates all around players from actual point guards, if we were going by actually playing the PG position, a true PG, I would have CP3, Rondo, D Will, Nash, and Tony Parker all ahead of Rose... However as an all around player Rose is ahead of most of them...

I think that just shows how much more valuable a guy like CP3 is than Rose.. Not only is he up there as one of the best in the all around player stand point but he's also one of the best as a pure PG.. That's the total package
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #158
Rookie

I think Roy hibbert should be in the mid to high seventies. He isnt a dominant rebounder and he is immobile. He can post up, shoot the mid range, and block shots. But his skills hardly warrant anything over a 77 or 78.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #159
Banned

OVR: 14
Howard a 96 and coming off a major back injury? If this is the case, then 2K needs to make a crybaby sig skill specially for him then. Too bad you can't punch your opponents like in the game "Arch Rivals" lol
Old 09-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #160
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Howard a 96 and coming off a major back injury? If this is the case, then 2K needs to make a crybaby sig skill specially for him then. Too bad you can't punch your opponents like in the game "Arch Rivals" lol
Do you know how minor the surgery was?
Do you know he is almost 100%?
Dwight said that his Dr told him that this will make more stronger.
Sorry if your organization doesn't know how to treat a superstar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »