Home

NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #161
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K13 Ratings - Dwight Howard – 96, Chris Bosh - 83, Roy Hibbert - 86

The overall numbers are just a tier system equation used by the insider to evaluate talent for association or popular opinion. They change by position. I think they make little exceptions to their equation to get the overall value of who they want to be rated higher or lower. I do think some of the individual ratings are not equal across the board.

PG's: Passing is weighed heavily has to be. Rondo offense only is 85 despite being a poor to average shooter for his position. He doesn't even finish that well in the paint. FT shooting below 60% for a PG. Chris Paul who is much better shooter across the board and equal level passer is a 93 for his offense. To me this means shooting doesn't play that big a role in offensive rating.

I think Howard is rated so high based off whatever new rating system 2K is using this year. There seem to be a few people that are getting higher ratings this year. I think the only one that dropped was Kobe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul24NDLAL12
Do you know how minor the surgery was?
Do you know he is almost 100%?
Dwight said that his Dr told him that this will make more stronger.
Sorry if your organization doesn't know how to treat a superstar.
What??

It's a back injury, which is never minor. Plus, even though it happened months ago, Howard won't be 100% by the start of the season. Thirdly, are we to believe that his back injury and subsequent surgery made him so strong as to up his overall rating by 2 full points even though his numbers will go down from playing with 3 other stars???

Seems like a bit of a double-standard compared to other players, ie Bosh, just because Howard is such a high-profile celebrity and is playing for the Lakers now.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
If there is any player that will give you a sense that they are connected to the ball at all times, it's Chris Paul.

He steps up in nearly every 4th quarter, is a master of "shot clock cheese", consistently shoots better than all of the top PGs except Nash, and is as tough/scrappy as any player in the league.
I can't argue with anything you mentioned except the "tough" part. If we're talking about playing through injury, then CP3 is among the toughest. And he's definitely scrappy.

But don't forget, he's a huge flopper (like the rest of the Clippers/most of the league), and he likes to get "tough" and in guys' faces, but only when he conveniently has other players and refs around to immediately break things up.

And although i think Rondo is still the best pure point in the league, CP3 is by far the most efficient, and is at the top of the list of (all) players that instantly make their team better.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #164
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
What??

It's a back injury, which is never minor. Plus, even though it happened months ago, Howard won't be 100% by the start of the season. Thirdly, are we to believe that his back injury and subsequent surgery made him so strong as to up his overall rating by 2 full points even though his numbers will go down from playing with 3 other stars???

Seems like a bit of a double-standard compared to other players, ie Bosh, just because Howard is such a high-profile celebrity and is playing for the Lakers now.
So Bosh is now like Howard rofl.
It's been over 6 months. Yes this was a minor surgery nothing major. You do know that he is going to start when the season begins? Lakers medical staff already said so. If he was so hurt he obviously wouldn't be working out with the Lakers staff & his personal trainer. Don't know how his numbers will drop when he was getting about 14FGA PG which is what Bynum was getting when he was with the Lakers last season. If anything his PPG will rise now that he as a PF who can compliment him & the best Pick & Roll PG in the league.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
So Bosh is now like Howard rofl.
It's been over 6 months. Yes this was a minor surgery nothing major. You do know that he is going to start when the season begins? Lakers medical staff already said so. If he was so hurt he obviously wouldn't be working out with the Lakers staff & his personal trainer. Don't know how his numbers will drop when he was getting about 14FGA PG which is what Bynum was getting when he was with the Lakers last season. If anything his PPG will rise now that he as a PF who can compliment him & the best Pick & Roll PG in the league.
No, Bosh is not like Howard- as a player. But, Bosh wins a title as an important team player and his rating stays the same (underrated at 83). Orlando struggles, Howard gets injured and now joins a team with 3 players demanding touches, and his rating jumps 2 points. That doesn't add up.

Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #166
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly_of_a_Whale
No, Bosh is not like Howard- as a player. But, Bosh wins a title as an important team player and his rating stays the same (underrated at 83). Orlando struggles, Howard gets injured and now joins a team with 3 players demanding touches, and his rating jumps 2 points. That doesn't add up.
At least Howard can take his own team to the Playoffs unlike Bosh when he was with the Raptors only made the playoffs twice in a 7 year span. Sorry, but if you don't see how much of an impact Dwight can make on Offense & Defense then IDK what to tell you.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
You are probably the worst poster in this whole thread. I am still waiting on the facts that back up that Rose is a better defensive player than CP3. Would you rather me just ether you with the info instead? You choose.
Please point to me where I said Rose is a better defensive player than CP3. And by quoting that specific post are you agreeing that CP3 has better handles than Rose? ..and I'm the one being accused of being the worst poster.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #168
Banned

OTCU's Arena

Quote:
At least Howard can take his own team to the Playoffs unlike Bosh when he was with the Raptors only made the playoffs twice in a 7 year span. Sorry, but if you don't see how much of an impact Dwight can make on Offense & Defense then IDK what to tell you.
Do you realize that Bosh had no help around him in Toronto? The talent around Dwight is FAR greater than that around bosh. You have already shown me you know nothing about basketball by your previous posts. The fact you have to bring up his time in Toronto to debate the fact he has more championships than your boyfriend shows you are not as smart as you think you are

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »