Home

FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I haven't played FIFA in forever last game i played was FIFA 09 which was awesome. I'm gonna pick this up today. If people that liked the game last year are enjoying 13 I should be amazed.

I see that the turkish league isnt in the game anymore . Was nice to play as a team with a non euro feel and still be able to play in the champions league.

Hopefully in the future we will get the Japanese and Iranian leagues, so they can put together an Asian Champions League in manager mode. That is really all that is missing for a decent Asian champions league now that Saudi Arabia joins South Korea in the game.

Does EA add teams and leagues with DLC ever? I saw they did Euro 12 as a DLC add on for FIFA 12 last year. Maybe we will get something nice this year?

Last edited by Juice Malone; 09-27-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #90
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Are you sure? I'm in the January transfer window of my first season and some of the guys on my team who've gotten very little playing time are still progressing quite well.

I don't think it's realistic that the squad get playing time to progress. That's what friendlies, training, and reserves / academy squads are for...
If a player can get hurt during "training," then he can/should progress/regress during training. So I agree with you on that. Some of the 28 - 30 year old players I had who saw little playing time regressed big time. One guy dropped 6 OVR points.

That being said, if I have a player who I want developing, I'm either playing him or loaning him out. The only players I have who sat all year were older players, and they regressed.

I do wish they had more emphasis on training and practices. It'd be nice to adjust that and ask players to focus on specific drills.

Last edited by Broncos86; 09-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #91
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

In my last game a CPU player got a yellow card for trying to cheat up on a free kick. Nice touch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #92
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I do wish they had more emphasis on training and practices. It'd be nice to adjust that and ask players to focus on specific drills.
This.

I want it so bad. Didn't they used to have that in a previous version of FIFA?

It makes much more sense than the non-existent hidden logic they use now to determine progression.

In other words, the transparent ability to manipulate, to some degree at least, the progression of your squad, would be a very very nice addition.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #93
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
there's anyone from outside the north america here? i wanna know if the EPSN presentation is in the game, not only in the NA and UK versions of the game. thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #94
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
This.

I want it so bad. Didn't they used to have that in a previous version of FIFA?

It makes much more sense than the non-existent hidden logic they use now to determine progression.

In other words, the transparent ability to manipulate, to some degree at least, the progression of your squad, would be a very very nice addition.
At the risk of taking us into 'wishlist' territory... It'd be wonderful to have some reserves matches sprinkled onto the calendar. Make all youth academy players eligible; giving us the chance to not only play the seldom-used squad members, but test-drive our youngsters as well. Make presentation like the current practice mode... no commentary or cutscenes, generic training ground, little to no crowd.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #95
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

OVR: 0
Qb, i think they could add an option to coach the young team/U-21 as well, as in Football Manager. It would add great depth to the CM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #96
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I must admit this game plays really well with a few slider tweaks. I bumped up the pass error for both human and cpu and the man marking for both and had a great game. Lots of back and forth at midfield and very few scoring chances
What sliders and tweaks did u adjust exactly? I played the daylights out of this game (season ticket) and never saw anything resembling what you describe.

During my time with the game, The cpu barreled forward, and only forward, at all costs and with high urgency.

Please post how you accomplished getting your gaming experience because it may make me re-think getting the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »