Home

OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
The game is awesome. Anyone can nitpick , but there is not a sports game on the market that offers a better overall experience than 2k13. I don't really get all the whining about the defense, either. It is difficult to defend, that I'll concede, but if you take time to learn the game then the defense becomes rewarding. Same with the rebounding, it just takes a lot of focus to switch guys EVERY time a shot goes up and box your man out. Sure there are funny bounces here and there, but if I can rebound effectively in this game, anyone can. Best sports game ever.....sorry PES (i'll still play you later).
thank you dbmcgee.. looks like people who understand basketball games are finally coming on this topic. Earlier it was ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: OS Roundtable: Where does NBA 2K13 Stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
The game is awesome. Anyone can nitpick , but there is not a sports game on the market that offers a better overall experience than 2k13. I don't really get all the whining about the defense, either. It is difficult to defend, that I'll concede, but if you take time to learn the game then the defense becomes rewarding. Same with the rebounding, it just takes a lot of focus to switch guys EVERY time a shot goes up and box your man out. Sure there are funny bounces here and there, but if I can rebound effectively in this game, anyone can. Best sports game ever.....sorry PES (i'll still play you later).

I'm sorry but we need to clear something up here. Nitpicking is when someone is talking about a tattoo missing or about what shoes a player is wearing. Nitpicking is not freezing, my player minute bug, allstar weekend glitch that sims you to the end of season, Not being given full VC amount earned in my player etc. I just want us to be clear.

Yes x1000 the game is good but us consumers have a right to complain about legit problems.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 5

It's natural for us to come and nitpick and complain because....this is a forum. That's why I post here, to discuss likes/dislikes, tactics and strategies and to see what kind of innovative things other people are using.

In real life I don't go to my friends who also play 2k and say "Dude the shot tendency is too high for the CPU!" or something like that, I just enjoy the game. Criticizing is apart of this forum and at the end of the day most of us just want 2k to hear us out and either improve the game with a patch or to keep it in mind for future installments. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of "dude wtf my teammates are stupid in myplayer i want my money back", but not every complaint is as unhelpful.

At the end of the day I love playing 2k13 and I will continue to play until 2k14 comes it, it's an awesome game and easily the best sports game out there in my opinion, but there's always room for improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 4

Gameplay wise this is the greatest 2k title ever created. It does suck that some of the legends are missing like Kareem, Webber, Dr. J ect. And rebounding needs to be patched. They also can improve on pass and catch animations, although it is way better than 2k12.

Other than that, this game is awesome. They really tightened up player movement which is huge for me. In 2k12, there was way too much sliding and player momentum (2k11 and 2k12) was way out of control. A simple pass to a player coming to the ball would make them go in the back court or their momentum would carry them way too far. Off ball movement is tighter and not as loose also. This was a huge step gameplay wise for 2k.

I love the presentation and the commentary is a little better this year. Ranked online matches are bogus as always, but at least I can play a game without feeling handicap like in 2k12 because they fixed some of the speed issues. Also defense is better once you get the hang of it.

Bottomline, 2k13 is a beast.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 10

Initially, I was sorta disappointed in 2K13, mainly for cosmetic reasons. I was upset that we didn't have all the Legends from 2K12's DLC, along with missing Legends like Kareem, Dr. J and Webber, but hopefully we'll have them back with hex editing.

But, damn, the gameplay is better than it's ever been in the 2K series. I thought player movement was great in 2K11 and 2k12, but 2K13 takes it to another level.

And the shoe editing/creating...is just awesome. Finally--FINALLY--I can put 1996 and 1998 MJ in the proper colorways of his Air Jordans.

All I need are the afore mentioned Legends and I'm all good.

- Michael Jordan

Last edited by sportjames23; 10-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprocess
You have to use a controller to play defense...maybe that will help.

"You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy."
Old 10-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2
"If you are an online player, the server issues are probably driving you batty"

What server issues?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Well he did say minor for HIM.
But, then he goes to validate his opinion by saying that 2K13 is a "fantastic game", something that critics of the game would disagree with. Validate your opinion, fine. You have a right to do that. But, to try and close out your opinion by stating, matter-of-factly, what a game is or isn't, is wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »