Home

MLB 2K13 Demo Not Releasing This Week

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Demo Not Releasing This Week within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: MLB 2K13 Demo Not Releasing This Week

Alex Trebek: "Name something you don't have any interest in with regard to the video game world."

Me: "Xbox 360 Demos."

Never played one - they're not a true representation of the game. And let's be honest, though I love MLB 2K12 I have no reservations in saying it will be nothing more than updated rosters & colors (from everything I've read).
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Do people realize that The Show didn't release a demo prior to the game hitting the shelves last year?
And I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case this year too.

I'll be the first to say that I think it's a mistake for 2K not to release a demo.
At the same time, we've all read what a pain in the butt demo's are to produce and how they actually don't help sell games.
In some instances, it's actually hurt.

If 2K was rushed to build 2K13, I doubt they had the time and resources to generate a demo.
And just imagine if that demo was stripped down like their NBA demo was.
How many OS members here salivate with any chance to rip this series? If the demo didn't cure your dog's cancer, they'd be filing in here with pitchforks and torches.
So maybe his is one instance where having no demo is beneficial. Only time will tell.
When 2k starts making a baseball game as good as MLB the Show, then not putting a demo out is understandable.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Alex Trebek: "Name something you don't have any interest in with regard to the video game world."

Me: "Xbox 360 Demos."
What are Xbox 360 demos?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4
I think every game should have a demo. There are some games I only bought because of the demo - and games I never bothered to get because they didn't have demos. I don't care how great the reviews for Dishonored or Far Cry 3 were - never getting a chance to try them is going to make me really leering about forking over $60.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
I think every game should have a demo. There are some games I only bought because of the demo - and games I never bothered to get because they didn't have demos. I don't care how great the reviews for Dishonored or Far Cry 3 were - never getting a chance to try them is going to make me really leering about forking over $60.
I agree. I'd like a demo for every game.
But I'll be honest, I've probably bought less games because of a demo.
Believe it or not, I didn't like Batman or Dead Space demo's so I never purchased either game.
But from recommendations by coworkers I eventually bought both and they're two of my favorite games of all time.

With 2K, I think they should have released one, but I've read they take a lot of time and energy. And if they're done like the NBA demo, it's not worth it.
NBA2K is one of the best games ever, but it's demo is extremely stripped down and doesn't do the final product justice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 10

I feel like them not posting a demo is them allowing us as gamers to control the press. They haven't given us any reason to think this isn't just a title update.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
But I'll be honest, I've probably bought less games because of a demo.
I agree. There have been times that a demo discouraged me from a purchase. And I don't recall ever playing a demo that motivated me to buy a game.

I find demos for sports games especially limited. They are usually very stripped down. Often no commentary, or setting/slider adjustments. You are limited to a few teams & ball parks so you really can't see too many details. A demo gives a general feel for the game, but in my experience, that doesn't tell you much if you played the prior year's game (which most of us OS'ers have).
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 10

If you remember last year, there was no commentary and everyone bashed the lack of polish in the demo, then again, that's mainly what we got with retail

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »