Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No.....Sorry.
Thanks I thought I was going nuts...lol

I am digging the single round quick tourney's though...after EA forced me to them
Old 03-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #74
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I just had an odd thing happen for several holes on a round. I ran out of sim tourneys to play so I went down a level (tour pro I think) and besides the fact that having meters on totally messed me up I encountered a glitch I think.

On at least 4 holes when I went to putt a stat banner showed up on the screen and it obscure my putting view and it stayed there until I ended the hole. Needless to say this made it impossible to put as I could see the lower half of my guy, his putter or the meter.

Didn't happen in any of the sim rounds I played.
That happened to me once playing on sim as well.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 6

The rumor is the greens even on the fast setting in 14 are much slower than in 13 can anyone confirm this, I really hope this is not the case. Playing big tourneys that in real life have lightning fast greens play slow in the game would be a hug bummer. Also with the nerfed putting this year greens need to be fast to provide a challenge. I am not going off the demo I know that those were set to slow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
The rumor is the greens even on the fast setting in 14 are much slower than in 13 can anyone confirm this, I really hope this is not the case. Playing big tourneys that in real life have lightning fast greens play slow in the game would be a hug bummer. Also with the nerfed putting this year greens need to be fast to provide a challenge. I am not going off the demo I know that those were set to slow
Not seeing it so far. Played one round in CM in the Web.com Q-School with fast greens and they played like I expected. Greens are playing faster than the demo from what I can see. However, that is certainly not a representative sample......if I see that Fast greens are playing slow, I'll report it to the Devs and would appreciate anyone here sending me a PM if you see this and note the course and difficulty being played and as much other detail you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

DM

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2

Last edited by DivotMaker; 03-23-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Well I just shot an 82 at Q school with my Level 34 Golfer.

This game almost forces you to learn the course layout on Sim mode. This game has exceeded my expectations by a large margin

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm really on the fence about this game. I am playing the hell out of it and enjoying it a lot but the lack of yardage to hazards is an issue.

Most rounds I am cruising along at -2 to +2 and then I hit a shot and it ends up in a water hazard I didn't know was there (because I didn't do the flyby) or that I had no idea I could reach.

I didn't think this would be an issue for me but man it is bothering me. I was -3 with 2 holes to go in the sim 5 hole tourney and I hit my drive dead to nuts down the middle and the ball rolled through the fairway into the water. Ended up even for the whole thing but I had no idea that water was in play, very frustrating...

I'll also respectfully disagree that automatic ball drops have been improved.
this was my problem with the demo. Its not a realistic simulation because pros have all this info at their disposal.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, I haven't played/bought a golf game since mid 2000s. I've n joyed this game soo much.

I started with an online 4 player game, I hated watching every player hit their ball, felt like a match would take 7.8 hours, luckily something happened and it got disconnected on the 2nd hole. One other thing, I couldn't see where they hit their ball, stupid if that's the case.

So, I created my own player, on normal difficulty, I played my first tourney and finished with a +13 (1 round) then a +6 (1 round), during my second tournament, I found the putt preview....wow, just wow. My third tourney I finished with a -8 (4 rounds)and won then my second tourney with a -16 (4 rounds. Debating on using it (putt preview), feels cheap.

My guy started out hitting ~270 off the tee, now he's up to 285

Actually thinking about buying this game.

As for the guy complaining about only getting only one putt preview, come one really? Would you want the game to go ahead and sink it for you, I'm terrible and it makes putting easy....unless he's on difficult with no lines on the green
Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #80
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
Way slower greens compared to 13. On Tournament coditions the greens are like hitting in sand. Needs to be patched ASAP!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »