Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #25
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Man!! I hope every single tackler is not constantly bouncing off the ball carrier the way it looks like they will.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

I think people have next gen expectations right now, you should know by now that a complete overhaul in player movement won't happen until then. You're only fooling yourself if you thought otherwise.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
wrong. they implemented a stamina bar. u cant just keep pulling off multiple combo moves like u would in a fighting game.

I see the talking horse sold you some kool-aid
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #28
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Hopefully these animations can be toned down by the final release or else the defense is going to be in trouble. It won't even matter if you drop the game speed down, because it's a global effect. Ball-handlers are transitioning at WARP speed from Point A to Point Z in each animation and it just doesn't look organic at all.

It's better than the trailer I'll give you that, but the animations should be subject to the Infinity Engine as well in terms of physics. It seems like each running animation defies the engine's logic.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

The foot planting definitely seems like an improvement over M13, probably about the best anyone could hope for at this point.

With that out the way, I 100% feel people about the ridiculous "lifted off feet" forearm shiver or whatever, from other videos, again showing up here. At around the 1:09-11 mark, Arian Foster lifts some defender off their feet. I decided to go on Youtube to look at the infamous "Marshawn Lynch Beastmode" run and that's probably where Tiburon got this ridiculous adaptation from. smh. The sad part is, in the Lynch run, the DB isn't lifted in the air but losses his balance and falls down.

I am so ready for the new consoles because at this point, a lot of what Tiburon does to recreate real football in Madden, reminds of that Cosby Show episode when Denise tried to make Theo a replica of a Gordon Gartrell shirt. LOL
Spoiler
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Horribly unrealistic....

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

Trailer, #sad #really? #CasualGamersWinAgain

Doug Martins #truckstick shirt was the highlight of the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Sigh... Wake me up when next-gen gets here. Running backs DO NOT run like this. This looks like NFL Blitz with how arcadey these animations are.
This might sound crazy, but Madden is so stiff the exaggerated animations could give it some life, only if it was balanced, had a fundamental football foundation in place, and the back of the box feature was "real football is NOW"!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #32
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Highlight of this video to me is the stiff arms, really like that Doug Martin one. I'm not going crazy or anything over this, but this is much better than the first trailer.

Looks like they fixed the Doug Martin model since that one screenshot, hope they did the same with Russell Wilson.
yea JP the stiff arms did look great, too bad that the ONLY time the RB stands up straight though. lol...but your right the stiff arm portion was the highlight of the video

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »