Home

OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

This is a discussion on OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

It’s Episode 26 of the Press Row Podcast, as we welcome back 4-time guest Ben Haumiller to talk all about the new features available in online and offline Dynasty mode in this year’s NCAA 14. Ben goes into detail about the significant updates to recruiting, coaching, and more. As always. Ben’s enthusiasm for the game comes through loud and clear, as it’s an informative and entertaining session. Is it what you were hoping for?
Joining us this week:

Ben Haumiller, EA Sports (@benhaumiller)
And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar (@richgrisham)

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 40:15

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

Some things that were mentioned that I haven't seen in the articles:

-You have to be smarter with scheduling recruit visits. Don't bring in 3 QB's in the same week or it will hurt your efforts. There will be complementary positions that you will want to bring in to visit at the same time. If you are bringing in a QB, it will give you a bonus if you have a OL or a WR also visiting that week.

-You want to be the last visit for a recruit. There's some kind of bonus for having the last visit of the year.

-There will be more 4/5 star recruiting battles that extend into the offseason.

-Every team has the same number of recruiting points (excluding coach skill bonuses).

-In year 2 of dynasty, Notre Dame will start playing 5 ACC games per year.

-If you are a level 9 OC and become a HC, you become a level 9 HC. You don't start over.

-Matchup stick is back
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 26 - One on One with Ben Haumiller (Dynasty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
-Matchup stick is back

awesome !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

seems pretty legit.. im was hoping also some updates on in game storylines and stuff like that but i guess maybe next year.. i really like the recruiting changes and glad it wont take you ten years to do everything.. thats pretty cool
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

sorry for being slow but can someone tell me what matchup stick is??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckcity
sorry for being slow but can someone tell me what matchup stick is??
its a thing from old gen.. when u press R2 to view your play art you can move the right analog stick in a certain direction and it will show the rating of the offensive and defensive players underneath them via a color code (red= bad yellow= average green= elite).

At least that's what I recall
Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
Some things that were mentioned that I haven't seen in the articles:

-In year 2 of dynasty, Notre Dame will start playing 5 ACC games per year.
Cool. This will be sweet if people are planning to leave them as an IND. Hopefully moving them into a custom conference though doesn't cause the scheduling logic or dynasty itself to go haywire. Like I wouldn't want them to be locked into playing five ACC games year two and beyond if they are in a Custom Conf with 13 other teams.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

basically shows your matchups on the field.. like your WR against a DB .. how he will fair against that db.. showing like he said on the podcast.. the height of the WR comepared to the DB.. speed of each.. etc etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »