Home

NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #41
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 Euroleague Q&A

When this was first announced, I had hoped that I'd be able to make a MyCareer player that started out like a Brandon Jennings or make a comeback like a Jordan Farmar instead of artificially inserting that player into the draft.

After reading this Q&A, I realize I may never touch a Euroleague team. It is really a shame, because the potential to create something 1st class is obvious yet it seems they decided the gimmicky would be enough.

This to me is about as useful as the "Dream Team" vs Today's Olympic team, and it seems the same limited thinking that went into the Olympic experience has went into the Euro-league concept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
This to me is about as useful as the "Dream Team" vs Today's Olympic team, and it seems the same limited thinking that went into the Olympic experience has went into the Euro-league concept.
I was thinking that as well. I was really excited when the Dream Team was announced last year, but I wasn't really expecting to only be able to pit them against the current team on a fictional court without having the ability to edit anything (generic block shoes). There also was not much freedom to create our own foreign opponents for USA to face. It was basically locked in to something very controlled and limiting. As such, it turned out to be one of my biggest disappointments in 2K13 (alongside Dunk Contest and 3pt. Shootout controls and execution).

I guess the good news is at least these Euroleague teams will have proper opponents instead of having a single magical opponent from a different century.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 7
Am I misunderstanding things or is it pretty cut and dry that 2K won't have classic teams? I mean, if over 40 signed a contract with EA, then it's a foregone conclusion, don't you think?
Old 07-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Am I misunderstanding things or is it pretty cut and dry that 2K won't have classic teams? I mean, if over 40 signed a contract with EA, then it's a foregone conclusion, don't you think?
2K has stated that classic teams are still in the game this year (their post can be found somewhere in the original Euroleague thread). Also, I'm not sure if player likeness contracts are exclusive. It may be kind of how both EA and 2K can each have contracts with the NBA Players Association, thus allowing each company to replicate all current NBA players and teams (as opposed to it being limited to one company or the other).

Edit: Here is the quote from an NBA 2K producer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Classic Teams live on my friends.
It can be seen at the bottom of this page: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-teams-20.html

Last edited by VDusen04; 07-10-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #45
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5

Seems like just a back of the box feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #46
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Where did you hear that over 40 signed contracts with EA?
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #47
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Well that killed my vibe. Give me Summer League and D-League for Association
Old 07-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
Be cool if you can play and draft some of the players from Euro league into your Association mode. I really didn't play with the CLASSIC teams that much, to be honest. It was a nice feature, but as I played more 2K13, the more current teams and rosters I used for head-to-head or for Association.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »