Home

NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #73
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 14 Live the Life Trailer and Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garism
I'm not complaining about NHL 14, but is this sarcasm knowing the amount of people that hate 14?
I'm serious.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

So frustrated. I'm not one of those people that expects everything to be perfect but give me a break. They implement this lazy feature but meanwhile in gm mode I still won't be able to do simple things like:

1. Extend/resign contracts during the season.

2. Trade during the draft rather then between rounds.

3. Sign somewhat realistic contracts because players will continue to demand ridiculous contracts after mediocre years

4. Not being able to see the full history of a players stats and what teams has been on.

You can't tell me those 4 things would be hard or take long to implement, I have many more but I would be happy if even those were fixed. I dont think they have touched gm mode in years.

Only way ea will change its lazy ways is if people stop buying.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know what, i am not concerned about the text "adventure", for all i care all the in-between-the-games stuff could be done as a "text sim". Its just that all those choices are so ridicoulus stupid. Everyone with an IQ higher than the one of a piece of mud knows right away what to pick to not get a negative effect. The answers they have are an insult to any halfway intelligent creature - not just talking humans here, even a below average intelligent ant should be insulted by the possible answers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Skipped 12, 13 so 14 seems like a deal.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

This kind of stuff kind of worries me about the direction of sports games overall. How exactly are games deciding on what to implement these days? I've sort of had a feeling that a developer's logic and common sense seems to sometimes take a backseat recently in favor of misguided gamer fan requests and/or a chase for the biggest sale possible.

Sometimes I just wish designers and developers would go back to more heavily trusting their own instinct as to how to make the best professional sports simulation product possible. Put the Facebook polls on the back burner, chill on the Twitter, prioritize overall quality over achievable sales, and just get back into the game of doing what you do best.

I just can't see how this new text-based mode could possibly be a professional game designer idea. It has to be fueled from an outside source. If NHL 14 had any sort of pop culture cred, I may have thought this video was an SNL parody.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #78
Rookie

Mongo14's Arena

OVR: 2

At this point, I'm just happy there's some kind of improvement. Yes it could've been better but it's not the same mode as NHL 13. I'm still getting it no matter what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »