Home

NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #89
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

Q: Do you guys think we put euroleague players into FA and then to NBA rosters?
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradok
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yxRVQiMFE

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj__ajOJ0xs

sorry 2k.
You tell them brethems. I love the atmosphere and they definitely should include it in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Graphically yes it does look about the same. But did you seriously not see the gameplay improvements? Everything is so much smoother, better interior D. Smoother transitions from dribbling to shooting. There's way more there then "passing and bring the ball up animations".
He's still going to buy it anyways. Just leave him be.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #91
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
You tell them brethems. I love the atmosphere and they definitely should include it in the game.

He's still going to buy it anyways. Just leave him be.
Lmaoooooo true true
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Lmaoooooo true true
The ones who are the first to complain are the ones who will be first in line for the new product when it arrives.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you are athletic and can finish with both hands in real life you are an above average finisher. It takes skill. Either a rating or removal of off handed animations for "Sprewell/Drexler's" would suffice. It can't be hard to just remove left hand layups and finishes from Bismarck byombo's arsenal.
While admitting I actually have no idea how it works, I'm thinking the game is programmed to yield certain shooting results from a particular area on the floor. And perhaps some of them are just mirrored from one side to the other to simplify matters. Or perhaps there's just not enough adequate options for players from certain places on the floor to not go lefty.

For instance, I don't think there's any reason the running, right-to-left, push run hook fallaway float piece exists in 2K13 except as a means to an end. I don't think 2K13 vowed to make that shot occur as often as it does, but it was needed to make the game function correctly.

In short, I think the problem is more complicated than we wish it were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
The double standard against sports games amazes me. How do you expect it to look? I don't see Call of Duty looking all that different outside of setting - which sports games don't have the luxury of doing. So, what do you expect to see different? I'm curious.
That's a good question, and I'm not sure if I have concrete answers off hand, but I kind of get where some of those people are coming from. I may not agree with the manner with which they voice their displeasure, but I'm just saying I understand the feeling of sameness.

Maybe a big simple part could have to do with the presentation re-tread. It sounds fickle, and it doesn't mean I'm counting out the improvements, but I think a lot of us could relate to wanting our new things to have a new feel. New overlay, new wipes, cleaner net movements, fresh alley-oop animations. This looks like it'll be a game that may at times require long, detailed looks and/or hands-on-playing to pick up on everything that differentiates it from 2K13. As such, it's not going to do much for those looking for a grabber right from the get-go.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #94
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you are athletic and can finish with both hands in real life you are an above average finisher. It takes skill. Either a rating or removal of off handed animations for "Sprewell/Drexler's" would suffice. It can't be hard to just remove left hand layups and finishes from Bismarck byombo's arsenal.
uhhh. Your basing it can't be hard on... Think about this. What happens if you don't have a correct hand asset that fits the timing defense and situation? What happens then ?

Just illustrating a point. We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #95
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Some small tweaks but nothing over the top but thats expected.

The defensive stance looked good, cant wait to see how it feels guarding people in the perimeter in 2k14. Another small thing was at the end of the 3rd video when the guy maneuvered around his teammate after the rebound rather than running into him or dribbling the ball off his leg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #96
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
uhhh. Your basing it can't be hard on... Think about this. What happens if you don't have a correct hand asset that fits the timing defense and situation? What happens then ?

Just illustrating a point. We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL
To be clear. When I say it can't be hard, I was under the impression that players are given certain layup, and dunk packages. So can't they just take that left handed or right handed layup out of the package. Unless like vdus says it is mirroring and there is no left hand or right hand specific layup or dunk.

I have never made a game and in no way would I know how hard or easy something is. My point was that I would think it would be easy to add or take away from a layup package. Do you get what I'm saying?

Additionally, if Bismack got stuck on the left side of the rim the shot he would take in real life would be either a vertical right hand layup in the defenders face, a fadeaway, or he would pivot to finish towards the middle. The league is full of one handed bandits.

I get your point. I was simply asking if they gave everyone different shooting animations and packages, why can't they make certain players shoot layups with only one hand the same way they make people shoot jumpers with only one hand. That is what I was saying could not be to difficult.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 08-21-2013 at 02:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »