Home

NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #97
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
To be clear. When I say it can't be hard, I was under the impression that players are given certain layup, and dunk packages. So can't they just take that left handed or right handed layup out of the package. Unless like vdus says it is mirroring and there is no left hand or right hand specific layup or dunk.

I have never made a game and in no way would I know how hard or easy something is. My point was that I would think it would be easy to add or take away from a layup package. Do you get what I'm saying?
Ok. I get what your saying.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #98
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
If you are athletic and can finish with both hands in real life you are an above average finisher. It takes skill. Either a rating or removal of off handed animations for "Sprewell/Drexler's" would suffice. It can't be hard to just remove left hand layups and finishes from Bismarck byombo's arsenal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
uhhh. Your basing it can't be hard on... Think about this. What happens if you don't have a correct hand asset that fits the timing defense and situation? What happens then ?

Just illustrating a point.
We are always assuming things are easy. Maybe it is but... LOL

There is no need to get rid of the animation/stop players from being able to do it
or the freq. that it happens... but there needs to either be a rating (off-hand lay/dunk) or a penalty assessed for off hand (lay/dunks) as I mentioned earlier.

Now as for the skill part mentioned from Arob, thats exactly it, it does take skill... why do announcers say, "WOW what a finish with the left... what a tough shot, etc etc etc" if it was so common (as it so is in the 2K world).

We have SIG SKILLS... now here is the perfect opportunity for the FINISHER SIG SKILL to SHINE... players who have this either don't get as much of an penalty or it negates the penalty outright. If it goes this way then the aforementioned penalty assessment needs to be greater than 10%, maybe 20%.

So lets look at that in numbers.

So a 99 rated layup, off hand would be reduced to:

@25% = 74.25
@20% = 79
@15% = 84.5
@10% = 89.1

If the FINISHER SIG SKILL was applied, then it would either negate those penalties or reduce (personal preference to reduce than to negate) the penalty amount, say half (for ex):

@25% - SIG SKILL = @12.5% = 86.63
@20% - SIG SKILL = @10% = 89.1
@15% - SIG SKILL = @7.5% = 91.58
@10% - SIG SKILL = @5% = 94

Shoot you could even have 3 levels of FINISHER if wanted, I wouldn't personally want to see that, as I feel you're either a FINISHER or not.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 08-21-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added 25%
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #99
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

How can people still think the graphics have room to improve? There's only so much space on a disc and at a certain point GAMEplay means more to a GAME than graphics.

Rant aside, the gameplay looks smooth. Just hoping there's some big blocks in the paint this year, and obviously I hope the rebounding's improved. Not gonna criticize any footage, I'll save my true judgement once I get my hands on a demo.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradok
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.
this is not euroleague.

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgITGp6Izs

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yxRVQiMFE

this is euroleague

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj__ajOJ0xs

sorry 2k.
THIS IS WHAT I SAY FOR MONTHS! ! ! THIS IS THE EUROLEAGUE ATMOSPHERE!!!

2K Engeneers, It's so difficult to record this choirs and insert in the european games?? Come on... European games has no sense with the Nba fans atmosphere. It would be like a Nba game with tennis fans... no sense. You 2K have signed a two year contract with Eurolegue and you have to recreate the Euroleague atmosphere for 2K15!!! It's the atmosphere that make Euroleague great. Put only the european roster with nba fans has no sense.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
OS.. OS where have you gone ? There is lots of goodness in these videos. I'm not going to say much but you guys are missing some gems in there.

Pause the 3rd video at 31 sec and tell me what you see ? Yall sleeping!

13 sec of 3rd video on-ball defender stays in stance and puts hand up to challege shot or passing lane... While moving man, I thought yall loved basketball ROTFLOL.

Natural fast breaks with passing to cutters not being bobbled. You can see the speed of the passes there also.
I I have to spend 60 euros, so I expect a lot of improvements, as it has in 2K13 comparison to 2K12.
But here i see the same graphics of 2K13 (and 2K12, and 2K11) and I wonder why the graphics of 2K9 was better. 95% of the movements are the same as 2K13. Yes, there are some improvements, but I also see some shots laked (like Batiste from three in the first action of the second video) and other things I do not like. I honestly expected a lot more from this 2K14 and I am very disappointed by the first videos. It 's like a NBA 2K13 patched very well. But the 2K13 patched very well already exist on 2Kshare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #102
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
I I have to spend 60 euros, so I expect a lot of improvements, as it has in 2K13 comparison to 2K12.
But here i see the same graphics of 2K13 (and 2K12, and 2K11) and I wonder why the graphics of 2K9 was better. 95% of the movements are the same as 2K13. Yes, there are some improvements, but I also see some shots laked (like Batiste from three in the first action of the second video) and other things I do not like. I honestly expected a lot more from this 2K14 and I am very disappointed by the first videos. It 's like a NBA 2K13 patched very well. But the 2K13 patched very well already exist on 2Kshare.
Sir we are on like the 9th game of this generation of consoles. I think your expectations on improvements for a game on it's 9th or 10th iteration is not inline with reality.

I think what you may be looking for is a next gen experience. It's never not going to look familiar. It is basketball. How much do NBA games in real life change from one year to the next. Lebron will do the exact same dunks this year he did last year. Ray's jumper is not going to change. There is nothing new under the sun.

That said I know there are some users who only buy sports games every second year. Maybe consider that.

Also you can wait a few months and get the game used as well.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #103
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
Cmon you just saw 3 gameplay videos....let's wait a little bit more
2k13 was with some flaws....2k14 current gen has to fix those flaws...for people looking to a new graphics engine wait until nov 15th
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #104
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks good. I saw some new animations. I liked the spacing. I can't say I noticed much zip on passes though, and some silly pass animations are still present.

Boxing out looked decent in the 1st vid but very passive in vids 2 & 3. Mostly makes, but players looked free to crash for offensive boards if there were rebound chances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »