Home

NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 6
Few key observations

Jumpshots are like NBA 2K12
Passing has improved
Pick and Roll improved
Defensive allignments on point, no more wrestling under the rim (from what I saw from this footage)
Presentation still not addressed, maybe next gen higher priority? hmmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sir we are on like the 9th game of this generation of consoles. I think your expectations on improvements for a game on it's 9th or 10th iteration is not inline with reality.

I think what you may be looking for is a next gen experience. It's never not going to look familiar. It is basketball. How much do NBA games in real life change from one year to the next. Lebron will do the exact same dunks this year he did last year. Ray's jumper is not going to change. There is nothing new under the sun.

That said I know there are some users who only buy sports games every second year. Maybe consider that.

Also you can wait a few months and get the game used as well.
The point is: the graphic of Nba 2K9 is better than 2K13. Why? This is not a question of next gen, because Nba 2K9 run on current gen. Take the graphic of 2K9 and put in in 2K13, it's so impossibile?
From Nba2K11 i buy NBA2K evey year because every year, from gameplay videos, i see a lot of improvements: but this year not.

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 08-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
The point is: the graphic of Nba 2K9 is better than 2K13. Why? This is not a question of next gen, because Nba 2K9 run on current gen. Take the graphic of 2K9 and put in in 2K13, it's so impossibile?
From Nba2K11 i buy NBA2K evey year because every year, from gameplay videos, i see a lot of improvements: but this year not.
I understand your frustration just like how NBA 2K12 had slighly better graphics than NBA 2K13 (my opinion), i think the developers see on a year to year basis what priority should player model and graphics in general should be.. low, medium high. Also think about the new game modes put in place for the new games. Something is got to give, if new modes are put in place, graphics will dip, its a tug of war for priority, and for us folks this is out of our hands, because when we ask for something, we will get it BUT something else that was previously there will be either a) changed b) decreased in quality or c) removed. You get what I'm talking about? Bottom line here is Quality > Quantity

Last edited by Aviator S; 08-21-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #108
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

Quote:
Play 2k9 and be happy? Problem solved!

Also the reason why they don't have Euroleague atmosphere is because sound takes up most of the space. If they bring the Euroleague to next gen then they should have more than enough space to add the atmosphere!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #109
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

These videos do nothing for me. I hope the next gen nba 2k14 is drastically better.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
How can people still think the graphics have room to improve? There's only so much space on a disc and at a certain point GAMEplay means more to a GAME than graphics.
2K8 or 2K9 (can't remember which) had arguably better facial models than any 2K game to date. And 2K4 or whatever on PS2 had fur-shaded afros.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 1
Quote:
I don't see how 2k9's graphics are better.

I do see how 2K11's are, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55

There is no need to get rid of the animation/stop players from being able to do it
or the freq. that it happens... but there needs to either be a rating (off-hand lay/dunk) or a penalty assessed for off hand (lay/dunks) as I mentioned earlier.

Now as for the skill part mentioned from Arob, thats exactly it, it does take skill... why do announcers say, "WOW what a finish with the left... what a tough shot, etc etc etc" if it was so common (as it so is in the 2K world).

We have SIG SKILLS... now here is the perfect opportunity for the FINISHER SIG SKILL to SHINE... players who have this either don't get as much of an penalty or it negates the penalty outright. If it goes this way then the aforementioned penalty assessment needs to be greater than 10%, maybe 20%.

So lets look at that in terms of that looks.

So a 99 rated layup, off hand would be reduced to:

@25% = 74.25
@20% = 79
@15% = 84.5
@10% = 89.1

If the FINISHER SIG SKILL was applied, then it would either negate those penalties or reduce (personal preference to reduce than to negate) the penalty amount, say half (for ex):

@25% - SIG SKILL = @12.5% = 86.63
@20% - SIG SKILL = @10% = 89.1
@15% - SIG SKILL = @7.5% = 91.58
@10% - SIG SKILL = @5% = 94

Shoot you could even have 3 levels of FINISHER if wanted, I wouldn't personally want to see that, as I feel you're either a FINISHER or not.
I like what you're trying to do here but it might be tough for the average gamer who keeps blowing layups that it's because he's trying to finish with his off hand. I could see that being pretty frustrating, although i know the solution would be to just implement it in the Sim settings. Personally I love this level of detail but I can't see the devs (who are already busy trying to put 3500 new animations in the game) putting this in for the 8% of gamers who want this level of realism. I'm not even sure if I want it (and I really dig Sim), because now i have to remember which of my players can finish with their left?

Instead of spending time changing the layup packages to limit left handed layups, spend some time improving Online Associations or myPlayer? Or give us something new like a General Manager mode? Put a realistic draft combine or Summer League back in? Improve the basic Association mode with more off season tasks like building team morale or a more in depth Free Agency? There are **** loads of Association features that haven't changed since 2K11. Free agency is HUGE in the real NBA, for alot of people guessing where players are ending up and the rumor mill in real life is lots of fun.

TL;DR There are lots of other (larger) areas in the game we'd like the devs to spend their time than trying to modify a left handed layup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »