Home

NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
Rookie

Bleak5170's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Kitchener Ontario. Most releases right now are seeing a drop with in 1 to 2 months for at least a short while. They get the rush of the games release and then when sales have slowed down they are doing a sale or price drop pretty quickly. Same as every other end of cycle.
Not saying it will be 100% chance for NHL, but it's very possible. And if you have GTA V to keep you busy for at least a month, why not wait and see.
Cool. Well I've noticed most games go down in price rather quickly, (aside from Call of Duty), but it seems like NHL doesn't. I know because I wait for it to go down every year, lol.

Actually not getting GTA IV, (not a fan of open world games). All my focus is on the next-gen consoles.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ya the game needs more realism.. Not enough separation between players skills and each team should play differently... Hopefully 2k make a realistic hockey game on next gen if EA won't ... I'm canceling my preorder and wait for a price drop
Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Hopefully the next gen version will be much more than a visual and audio face lift. Don't give us a good looking NHL 14, give us a new game.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #20
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
Liked the demo, even though NHL 94 mode seemed like a missed-opportunity. With my Jets being in a new division this year, feel like I HAVE to buy this, so it's nice the fighting and physics got an upgrade this year. GO JETS GO!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
The demo felt good, and i am glad they've focused on game play while they tool up the overhaul for next gen.
I'm sorry to say though, this is the first time since NHL 2005 that i didn't pick up the game on the day/night it came out.
GTA V is coming out next week, which will consume at least a month of my gaming time. They really needed to offer this one at a reduced price. When you combine that with EA's history of release week server issues, no roster updates until Mid-late october, no jersey code until november, I'm going to chill on getting this one for a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
Unfort with no backwards compatibility with the PS4 there will be no NHL this yr!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice to see this game isn't following the foot steps of Madden.. very excited for this franchise moving to next gen for 2015, Ea has set up this Franchise nicely...
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
Just started!

OVR: 0

How do you guys think someone with no hockey experience (real life and game, except for watching some NHL playoffs) would enjoy the game? Thinking about picking it up. Madden just isn't hooking me this year. All the reviews I've read praise the heck out of the game. Just curious how someone with no knowledge of the game would fair. Appreciate any thoughts. FYI, I've tried getting demo past couple nights but its just been too slow for me to download for some reason, 7+ hours. Not typical for my Internet either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »