Home

NBA Live 14 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien - Player Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien - Player Ratings within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Player Ratings Behind the Scenes Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Making an account just to bash one company and praise another in every post is the quick way to get yourself banned so good luck with whatever time you have left posting here...

The way I look at it is EA and 2K are on equal footing as far as next-gen gaming is concerned. The minimal amount of information that EA has released about Live 14 is still 100% more than 2K has said about 2K14's next-gen version. There is absolutely no doubt that EA has a lot to prove to everyone but so does 2K.

Again...I am looking at this only in terms of next-gen gaming.
That doesn't really make much sense if you ask me. Just because it's a new console doesn't mean the companies have changed any. You can't just ignore what's happened in the past and chalk it up to, its new consoles so everyone is the same now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

A little jab towards 2ks insider from the interview

Quote:
The key for me is objective data vs. subjective data. I don't want to play a NBA game or play with NBA players rated by some guy. That guy will inherently come with a bias based on his views or understanding of the game of basketball and the players who play. Objective data doesn't lie and comes without bias.
EA is definitely saying the right things. The game might still suck, but at least they're talking about exactly the issues that are left out by 2k a bit. Only marketing so far, but maybe they can back it up with their product.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom

EA is definitely saying the right things. The game might still suck, but at least they're talking about exactly the issues that are left out by 2k a bit. Only marketing so far, but maybe they can back it up with their product.

Totally agreed and hope for the same. I still have my doubts but as a bball fan, cant but to hope for the best. We need two competent and competing tittles, with two companies developing NBA games and with the introduction of these next gen consoles, the bar has to be significantly raised yet again.

We deserve that much.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
I am not worried, I watched an interview where Machinima Sports interviewed Scott O'Brien and he looked right into the camera and said that he promises that it will come out at launch. I don't doubt that it will, I've seen at least 2 people on youtube say they played the quick demo and said it was the best thing they have ever seen. Live even got the best sports award at E3 this year. There is no reason to worry, we just need to patient. With all their failures its only going to make them work harder and prove to everyone that they can compete. I'd rather have the best 5 vs. 5 gameplay video then see some half done work where everyone starts to criticize and say that EA is back to its old self.

EA HAS to make the footage they release near perfect and include all the game modes we want or the word is just going to ignore them and just default with 2K this year again. Even the rendered photos are great to see, seeing that the in-game Kyrie photo looks photo realistic. Be patient, its coming.
Well we know there's gonna be a Career mode, and of course there's gonna be an Association/Dynasty mode. Biggest thing is, what's gonna be inside the modes? Can't really be stale, it has to offer something that 2K isn't, or it has to do something better in those modes. Gameplay doesn't have to blow anyone away, but it - and the whole BounceTek thing - NEEDS TO WORK. Above all, fun factor and replayability needs to be there. Is it good or fun enough to survive multiple game releases? time will tell.

All in all, it needs to be solid. If they put out a 7-7.5 rated game, I wouldn't be mad, as long as it's fun and realistic. Anything higher is icing on the cake. And if Next-Gen Live manages to be rated higher than 2k...it's gonna get interesting around here LOL.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #29
Rookie

I'm pretty sure EA has looked at 2k and seen all the game modes that it offers and seen where it is lacking. They will probably make improvements in needed areas. I however don't think it will beat 2k in ratings. But adding things like ultimate team, gameface, deep customization, solid gameplay could make it a solid contender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »