Home

NBA 2K14 Player Ratings Released So Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Player Ratings Released So Far within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #57
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Player Ratings - Paul George, Cody Zeller & Brook Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I said the same exact in the thread about Hibbert's rating! However, I would love to see the individual ratings for PG. Even I have to admit that 88 seems high for an elite defender with slightly above average offense.
Maybe a roster maker can chime in but there could be something under the hood that determines a boost to the overall maybe role. I know position plays a role to overall rating in 2K13. If 2K rated him based off the regular season PG will be somewhere in the low to mid 80's. If they used the playoffs maybe a slight raise but still minor but it will be awareness and consistency please 2K don't overrate his mid range game.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm a huge PG fan, and I think that an 88 rating is about right for him. But that 88 should be predicated primarily on defense and athleticism.

I have no idea where this idea that he's an excellent shooter is coming from. He shot like 37% from 3 just last season, and his career hasn't even had an upward trend. If Gerald Henderson, who shot almost the exact same percentage last season, is going to get another 3-point rating in the high 50s (meaning he basically can't shoot threes at all) then there's no way PG should be any higher than a 75-77. Half the problem with 3-point shooting in this series has always been how overrated everyone is.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Maybe a roster maker can chime in but there could be something under the hood that determines a boost to the overall maybe role. I know position plays a role to overall rating in 2K13. If 2K rated him based off the regular season PG will be somewhere in the low to mid 80's. If they used the playoffs maybe a slight raise but still minor but it will be awareness and consistency please 2K don't overrate his mid range game.
They should keep that message in mind for every perimeter player. Too many of them are good at it off the dribble that it stretches the defence unrealistically far.

Also, I get the impression that consistency is just judged subjectively like offensive and defensive awareness. I'm guessing that's why the stat number is always in multiples of five. But don't 2K know that there is already a completely objective way to calculate consistency? You just take their average FG% over the whole season and calculate the mean standard deviation (MSD). The bigger the standard deviation (away from the mean), the lower the consistency. They could even make it more accurate by adding consistency stats based on the MSD for every single shot, including shots like layup, post fade, post hook etc.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Optik I agree 100%. I hope something like that will be in for next gen especially for shooting. So a player's consistency should change his play independently on areas so seperate consistency ratings. So someone can be a consistent FT shooter but streaky mid range shooter. Consistency and awareness can swing the overall a good bit.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #61
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTS2k
84-85 3 point? he shoots like 35% which is around league average
80 ball handling? i'll give you 70-75
85 defensive rebounding? 75-80
80-85 consistency???? He's one of the most unconsistent players in the game (among stars). If he's hot, he's hot; cold, cold. C'mon now, do you even watch Pacers games? And his offensive awareness should be lower because of he's turnover prone. And he only shoots 41% from the field, c'mon now.
3pt shot rtg is fine, considering steph curry has like a 92 3pt rating, and irl he shot 44% from 3. so pg should be about 80(give or take, mainly take) in 3pt shot(he shot 36% on the year which isn't bad). rebounding is fine where its at cosidering he had about 8 rebounds per game, some bigs don't even get that. 80 ball handling is fine because, he's a good ball handler, and does most of the ball handling along side george hill. consistency is a little high, but overall, I think 88 is just a few points too high for him, considering his fg% and turnover rate. But his turnover rate will probably reduce this year, cuz last year he was sorta thrust into the ball handler position. So his ovrl should be about 86.

Side note: his passing should be sorta low, along with his mid range game.

Last edited by OkayC; 09-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #62
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Re: NBA 2K14 Player Ratings - LeBron James, Roy Hibbert & Victor Oladipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Haha yeah overall ratings are redudant, but when people are complaining that Roy Hibbert doesn't have a high enough overall i have to point out that we just haven't seen enough evidence to support a raise.
I understand his frustration though with hibberts rating. Because some dudes played bad last year(melo cough cough) and still got high ratings. I get if you were injured or what not, but if your gonna give low ratings to players who were bad or inconsistent, give low ratings to them all. hibbert was like a 78 last year, i honestly believe that since the all star break and on, he shoulda went up to 81. and dudes like melo, jr and dwade should've dropped as the year progressed. Of course ratings don't really mean much at all, but this favortism to bigger market teams does peeve some people.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #63
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

PG is definitely too high

Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #64
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

for those of you guys saying its too high, ratings should just be based on stats, is that what you are saying? I see a lot of justification and rhetoric going on here calling out numbers as if you guys know what you are talking about.

For those of you ratings scientists, why dont you let the rest of us know how ratings are determined by 2K. unless you know how they made their ratings, there is no way to say if its too high or too low, i dont get all the math being done in here. what if dudes offensive ratings are mid 70's, and his defense ratings are all mid 90's, and the end result is 88.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »