Home

NBA Live 14 Trailer - First Look (Screen Captures Included)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Trailer - First Look (Screen Captures Included) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #329

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 14 Trailer - First Look (Screen Captures Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You shouldn't expect too much from any game then huh

Galaxy Note 2
This comment makes no sense. I have different expectations for a game that hit rock bottom and failed to be released for four years then a game that has consistently delivered a great product year in and year out. I expect next gen 2K to be good. I expect Live 14 to lay a solid foundation to build on. Live is not gonna be this awesome game, its just not. 2K has years of polish, Live is either starting over or fixing a broken engine. If Live 14 looks like crap they won't get my money. If its a solid game I may pick it up for a change of pace from 2K. Besides I expect a price drop for Live fairly quick.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 09-22-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #330
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
2k is going to be a port while Live game is made for Next Gen. So at least, thats one advtange for NBA Live 14.
Please stop pulling hyperbolic and untrue comments out of thin air to push your favoritism forward. 2k already said they had a dedicated team working only on next gen. So your statement is false
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #331
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Please stop pulling hyperbolic and untrue comments out of thin air to push your favoritism forward. 2k already said they had a dedicated team working only on next gen. So your statement is false
There's no way they have two independent teams working on each game. I'm sure they have programmers and such working only on next-gen but the main guys in charge are definitely working on both. Unless they sent all their talent from 2k13 to the next-gen side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #332
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAwesome
2k is going to be a port while Live game is made for Next Gen. So at least, thats one advtange for NBA Live 14.
The only bad thing about Live coming back this year are fan like this, we all want two good basketball games on the market, but blind devotion is never a good thing being able to provide constructive criticism is the only thing that will make a game better, when Elite was being produced we had guys on here claiming it to be the second coming and the death of 2k, even after all the negative videos we still had people claiming it was better than 2k.

Last edited by coolcras7; 09-22-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #333
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
There's no way they have two independent teams working on each game. I'm sure they have programmers and such working only on next-gen but the main guys in charge are definitely working on both. Unless they sent all their talent from 2k13 to the next-gen side.
Please, explain to us why there is no way and how you came to your conclusion oh great development guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The only bad thing about Live coming back this year are fan like this, we all want two good basketball games on the market, but blind devotion is never a good thing being able to provide constructive criticism is the only thing that will make a game better, when Elite was being produced we had guys on here claiming it to be the second coming and the death of 2k, even after all the negative video we still had people claiming it was better than 2k.
Yeah, who was that one guy that paid like 90 or 100+ on that eBay copy after the game got cancelled and was talking about how the game was fun and not bad or something along those lines?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #334
Banned

OVR: 0
I understand if people don't like 2k it sucks actually but no one should be dicksucking nba live until they show gameplay and this no where near as good as 2k E3 trailer and 2k had a longer trailer and that was in june
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #335
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Might wanna edit that post for the language man. Just sayin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #336
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
No need to even talk to you anymore cause you will settle for a graphic upgrade. SMH

For the record tho im excited about what they are showing me beyond graphics.
I'll settle for a game that will definitely be improved in gameplay, graphics, and almost certainly be better than Live this year.

I won't settle for continued stagnation after this year, of course. 2K needs to work on foot planting for next gen if they haven't already.

So I'll "settle" for whichever game is better each year, and it looks like it's going to be 2K for 2014. I'm not going to settle for EA's marketing hype and promises of "innovation" if a team can't actually execute and if it doesn't result in a better game, or any game at all-- but it appears that rabid EA fans have learned to settle for grandiose promises with no actual game to play the past few years, and now they'll settle for mediocre screenshots, fabricated CG sequences, and tiny snippets of sort-of-gameplay before placing all their trust in Live over 2K.

Anyway, straw man arguments don't really lead to constructive conversation, but it seems like you're not particularly interested in that as you've made up your mind regardless of realities.

I'll throw you Live fanboys a bone. MSG looks fantastic. Hard to see but the poses of the players look kind of dopey though. It might be that Live doesn't have polished defensive awareness animations yet, as some observed in the trailer of whoever was guarding Kyrie.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-22-2013 at 08:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »