Home

NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #33
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you read the official EA forums, there has been at least one new thread every day filled with people complaining that game misconducts shouldn't exist in a video game.

I say don't commit the crime if you don't want to do the time. But apparently I am in the minority.
If the game was better at determining what was a major penalty I'd have no issue with them being in. I've gotten 2 majors this week when I was just skating thanks to the left stick hitting. One I was skating into a crowd for puck support and EA unloaded on a guy for me. The other one was when I was skating to backcheck and I guess hit a cpu dman. I couldn't tell what was going on because I was off screen.

The puck bounces more on dump ins. I've also felt more of the psychic cpu play today. It also doesn't help that the cpu is freaking braindead puck support wise. If the other team dumps the puck in, expect the strong side winger to have a conversation/share a cigarette/ borrow a quarter for the gumball machine from the Center.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #34
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefMixture
Off-Line BeaGM mode: Penalty frequency fixed or not? It would sure be nice to see more than 1 or power plays a game.
I just had a game where both teams had 5 power plays on default hardcore sim. I think pims were 30 and 24. Maybe you have to play with default settings to get penalties.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #35
Pro

DaRK's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRK
good job ea

still haven't fixed the resign glitch in be a gm, no big deal!
My mistake, this was actually patched. Should probably add this to the OP.
The reason I always root for multiple teams is because if one team doesn't make the playoffs or gets eliminated, I loose interest in the sport until next season if my team gets eliminated early. It keeps things interesting if you still have a team you like in the playoffs...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #36
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
If the game was better at determining what was a major penalty I'd have no issue with them being in. I've gotten 2 majors this week when I was just skating thanks to the left stick hitting. One I was skating into a crowd for puck support and EA unloaded on a guy for me. The other one was when I was skating to backcheck and I guess hit a cpu dman. I couldn't tell what was going on because I was off screen.

The puck bounces more on dump ins. I've also felt more of the psychic cpu play today. It also doesn't help that the cpu is freaking braindead puck support wise. If the other team dumps the puck in, expect the strong side winger to have a conversation/share a cigarette/ borrow a quarter for the gumball machine from the Center.
I got a major for Interference for hitting a guy who just got rid of the puck. I'd still rather have game misconducts in and get thrown out occasionally on a bad call then let goon who do nothing but check from behind/plastering people into the glass stay in the game.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Obviously I installed the patch when I played yesterday. I put my custom tunes into the offplay folder now that it's patched and I changed out my intermission music because I had set it the same as the offplay. So intermission comes during my 1st game and...no music. I figure its the music or something, so finish game 1 and change out the intermission tunes to the games default music, intermission comes in game 2 and....no music. Anybody else having this issue?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
What about Faceoffs?? Faceoffs are SO much harder to win this year... I have practiced and practiced , but I'm stll getting out face offed 3-1 (18-6 , 21-7)... every game... sucks!
I agree completely. And the slider doesn't help at all. I have the slider completely empty, and I still lose 90% of the draws. Ratings have to come into play - my faceoff guys aren't that bad. Just because I suck, doesn't mean they should (especially if I turn the slider way down). I even put the slider all the way the other way, just to test if it was backwards, but same result. Slider had no effect at all.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NHL14 Patch v1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
what sucks is now, all majors are just that. no game misconducts now in EASHL/OTP games!

terrible..

they had a pretty good balance of BOTH last few years, now its either one or the other.

now idiots can just keep getting 5 min majors and not be thrown out. bah! vintage EA NHL!
Oh, I didn't realize they removed it for all majors. If they're going to use NHL rules for the EASHL, checking from behind should be 5 and an automatic ejection. Boarding, charging, elbowing, and interference can be either 2 or 5 minutes, but should not result in automatic ejection (per NHL rules linked in my previous post). An unaccounted for variable is the recent addition of majors+misconducts for checks to the head, but the game doesn't recognize that, although elbowing majors w/ejection more or less serve the same purpose.

A key rule to prevent repeated idiocy is that 3 majors in a game results in automatic ejection. This covers people who want to fight all game, as well as someone looking to run people all game, especially with auto-fights in response to big/dirty hits. However, I don't think this is implemented in 14, despite having been there in the past.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus

Well said on the AI puck support. It drives me crazy and I have lost way to many games because of this. The sliders can't fix this...

You should post this on EA NHL 14 forums for the devs to see..hopefully there will be patch to fix this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »