Home

NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
Rookie

RefMixture's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL14 Patch v1.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
Yeah. According to EA_HLT over at the EA forums somehow they fixed the goalie rotation bug in roster update #4...
I can report that your comment is accurate. I downloaded roster update #4 and simmed three separate seasons, and all three sims showed goalies were rotated more realistically. When I simmed with an older roster, the bad rotation problem still existed. So I assume this means the roster update and not the patch/tuner fixed the problem. Maybe it was a specific attribute fix, not sure.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

I wonder if loading roster 4 (and later updates) as the default roster will have an effect on a preexisting career mode that used a previous or custom roster.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #51
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
to me gameplay is pretty good. really hoping for an AI improvement. Also hoping they fix the fact you can't put a defenseman on a wing during the powerplay. Thats not a huge but the B's do it all the time and stick Chara in front but it won't work here
Am I the only one here that sees the simple fix to this... Play as CHARA at LD and go in front of the net during said PP and a AI teammate will cover your point... seems simple to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #52
Rookie

I think something that gets overlooked but needs to be re-done are the goal horns. Some of them are so bad. Some teams don't even have the correct sound and some the pitch is too low and too short etc. All the goal horns should be re-done for the next gen console next year.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #53
Rookie

So it is not possible to get this patch unless you connect your ps3 with the internet?
Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #54
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Am I the only one here that sees the simple fix to this... Play as CHARA at LD and go in front of the net during said PP and a AI teammate will cover your point... seems simple to me...
Suppose that would work but that isn't really a fix now is it considering I don't play position locked nor should I have to baby sit my players.

Bottom line, a player shouldn't exit the offensive zone and continue skating face first into the bench until the next whistle.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #55
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by javs
So it is not possible to get this patch unless you connect your ps3 with the internet?
Let me try to find it for you.

It's possible, but it's a huge hassle because to get it from the internet to your ps3. You can't just save it to a usb stick and put it on the ps3.

Last edited by Cletus; 10-16-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2419
I think something that gets overlooked but needs to be re-done are the goal horns. Some of them are so bad. Some teams don't even have the correct sound and some the pitch is too low and too short etc. All the goal horns should be re-done for the next gen console next year.
I'll take smarter cpu teammates that know what puck support is over goal horns any day of the week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »