Home

Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - True Step & Enhanced Graphics (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - True Step & Enhanced Graphics (QJB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #225
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - True Step & Enhanced Graphics (QJB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Come on guys lets get back on topic. What are you expecting or hoping to see from today's video that you didn't see in the one yesterday?

For me, I'd like to see some defensive players moving with True Step, and also see some 11 vs 11 gameplay from a normal cam angle.
We're expecting to see gameplay, not grassplay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #226
Pro

OVR: 4

There is no perfect game. Everyone has their opinion on what they like or what game feels better, or looks better or looks more advanced etc.

GTA just had one of the worst online releases of all time. 1 month and 4 patches later (with a 5th one on the way). It's still not fixed. Ppl give them a pass because "they've always made great games". That is a widely shared opinion. I love GTA, I don't give them a pass, they screwed up.

Read impressions on Kotaku about AC IV on PS4. They said the game played the same but was graphically enhanced, why aren't ppl complaining about that game being a port?

There was an article posted on this very website on 10/24/2013 about NBA 2k14 next gen impressions. Where the writer clearly states that the game plays exactly like current gen with better foot planting, movement and graphics. Yet ppl say "it's the only game that was made for next gen,it's not a port"

I said all that, to say this, at the end of the day like what you like and dislike what you dislike, but at a certain point as it's been stated in this thread you have to just let it go. If you watched the video and didn't like that's fine. But to come into almost every thread and say "madden is the worst sports video game" as if it' s fact doesn't enhance the conversation.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #227
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
We're expecting to see gameplay, not grassplay.
I want to see how the extra calculations per second per player effects the AI, especially on defense. If the AI is greatly improved both on (and off) the field, I can live with the greatly nuetured true step.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #228
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
But to come into almost every thread and say "madden is the worst sports video game" as if it' s fact doesn't enhance the conversation.
Do you mean to imply that the only way to improve the game is to speak solely of the positives?

There is much to learn from both successes and failures if only you look in the right place and are willing to take the message and grow from it. When the student is ready, the teachers will appear.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #229
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I want to see how the extra calculations per second per player effects the AI, especially on defense. If the AI is greatly improved both on (and off) the field, I can live with the greatly nutured true step.
Bucky, I'm in the same boat as you.

I need to see smarter AI on both sides before I would like to see "living worlds."
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #230
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
There is no perfect game. Everyone has their opinion on what they like or what game feels better, or looks better or looks more advanced etc.

GTA just had one of the worst online releases of all time. 1 month and 4 patches later (with a 5th one on the way). It's still not fixed. Ppl give them a pass because "they've always made great games". That is a widely shared opinion. I love GTA, I don't give them a pass, they screwed up.

Read impressions on Kotaku about AC IV on PS4. They said the game played the same but was graphically enhanced, why aren't ppl complaining about that game being a port?

There was an article posted on this very website on 10/24/2013 about NBA 2k14 next gen impressions. Where the writer clearly states that the game plays exactly like current gen with better foot planting, movement and graphics. Yet ppl say "it's the only game that was made for next gen,it's not a port"

I said all that, to say this, at the end of the day like what you like and dislike what you dislike, but at a certain point as it's been stated in this thread you have to just let it go. If you watched the video and didn't like that's fine. But to come into almost every thread and say "madden is the worst sports video game" as if it' s fact doesn't enhance the conversation.
I understand your frustration. But like it's been said before.. the games that you gave as examples have already solidified themselves as very good games on the current gen. Madden clearly does not have that pass. GTA's issues were procedural issues with initializing the online game. Madden's issues are basic human motion and interactions.

There is nothing to regulate EA or any video game for that matter. We hope that pride can do that. Given what 2k does. They didn't need to build NG 2k14 from the ground up.. or add a new My player or MYgm. But they did. Madden gets by every year by the skin of their teeth. Adding things that are basically essential to make the game even playable to the casual gamer.

Apart from the 1 or 2 people that eventually will post 'madden sucks'... i think everyone is voicing concerns in a relatively respectful and reasonable manner. I will never understand the optimism that some people have regarding EA, but to each his own.

EA needs to be accountable for their poor products, and for continuing to follow the same trends and patterns in their marketing and representation of their games. Who enjoys being lied to?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #231
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bucky, I'm in the same boat as you.

I need to see smarter AI on both sides before I would like to see "living worlds."
I agree about the AI and if they post some actual gameplay showcasing improved AI, movement (for all players) and improved oline/dline interactions I'll happily buy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #232
Banned

You guys are silly, I mean I understand your frustration with Madden over the years and all but sheesh, you guys have to know that this is the beginning of this generation. Take a look a the games that came out in 2006(launch of the XBOX360). they were minor step ups from the 1st gen XBOX but just HD. Look at Madden 2006 until now and see how its transformed. The game looks better. Not by leaps and bounds, but better nontheless. You expect them to have everything fixed in one generation? I have complained about Madden for years, but personally I'm liking the direction they are going in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »