Home

NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #161
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K14 Developers Love the PS4?

So what I learned today:

People love to read titles and the first paragraph and then post. Not even READING the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #162
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
So what I learned today:

People love to read titles and the first paragraph and then post. Not even READING the update.

Fan boys...
Old 11-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #163
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Referring to the PS3 and 360 when talking about the controller.

And I take it you haven't researched both systems cloud. They do not have the same type of cloud (Sony's Gaikai is purely for streaming games, it doesn't improve performance). That is completely incorrect. There are many articles detailing this, but here was a solid one that explains it:

http://videogamesandnews.com/xbox-on...the-real-deal/
the cloud thing isn't cemented. Sony could change its strategy and offer a more capable cloud. I'm not saying better than xbo, but good enough to last. I see both consoles going cloud. They need to if this gen is going to last almost a decade like the ps3 and 360 did. There is no way another gen lasts that long without cloud gaming or additional cloud support to help process games.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #164
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
So what I learned today:

Uhh of course he is going to come in and say that. It's just like in politics when your opinion becomes public and a big deal you have to do damage control... You guys must not understand how this stuff works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Cool quote from Mike Wang over at Visual Concepts. I am so glad Sony made this thing easier to work with, especially after the ps3 debacle.

"I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system."

Link: http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11...s-ps4-powerful
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Two other guys from 2k said the same thing to me a few weeks ago.
I'm pretty sure aholbert32 works for OS. So I would say he is reliable and knowledgeable.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #165
Banned

OVR: 0

Yea I think he just gave his honest opinion and saw that people were getting butthurt and decided to post a more even sided comment to calm people's nerves. Lol it's funny in the OP it said there would be a bunch of PS4 fanboys posting when it was really the opposite, a bunch of people trying to downplay what was being said.

Last edited by royounggoku; 11-06-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #166
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
the cloud thing isn't cemented. Sony could change its strategy and offer a more capable cloud. I'm not saying better than xbo, but good enough to last. I see both consoles going cloud. They need to if this gen is going to last almost a decade like the ps3 and 360 did. There is no way another gen lasts that long without cloud gaming or additional cloud support to help process games.
Yes but it would take years for Sony to build it up. They currently are only renting the servers, where as Micrsoft has invested billions worldwide into their own cloud servers.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:37 AM   #167
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yes but it would take years for Sony to build it up. They currently are only renting the servers, where as Micrsoft has invested billions worldwide into their own cloud servers.
It still would be done. It'll just come at a premium. Both there's no way they both don't have it say like eight years down the line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #168
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
This is not true. Sony bought Gaikai out in 2012...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2012/jul/02/sony-buys-gakai-cloud-gaming
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »