Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 6
Like others have said, the spacing looks very good, although I feel as though the players may be small OR the court seems huge in comparison. Either way I think it helps with the visual spacing of the game (correct scales or not).

It looks like it has a solid foundation to build from but EA NEEDS to have a clear gameplan going forward. They need to add thousands of additional animations and a lot more commentary. It really comes down to the resources the devs are given. It looks like a game with a putrid budget or a budget that all went to the dribbling animations and not a lot else.

All in all, it doesnt look any better than I had expected, but it resembles basketball which is a start
Old 11-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #114
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
This game doesn't look as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be. It clearly doesn't have the overall quality of 2k but those would be unrealistic expectations to have. This game isn't going to stun people with its graphics or gameplay but at the least it should offer a different and playable experience to 2k. I just hope this game does well enough financially to warrant future releases. I can see this game being a real contender in a year or two.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #115
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
That doesn't impress me at all. They look like PS3/360 graphics. If they are that good. EA has a long way to go on this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 0
Wow? Really? If this was 2k, you guys would have come up with 100000000 reasons why this looks like crap.

This game is total crap...doesn't even look like real basketball, AT ALL. Everybody moves the same, theres no personality to the players, the shots and layups are cut and paste.

Smh.....this is CRAP, so many things wrong that it doesn't deserve a break down, its just what we call crap...
Old 11-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #117
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Why are you pushing me into a corner like I'm defending them? I think they're a joke as a company. I have no respect for them whatsoever. They feed us lies time and time again. I'm just saying what I believe may help them produce a better product, and they're not going to do that by sticking with the in game engine they have now.
On the contrary, I'm not saying at all that you're defending them. I'm saying that the term "engine" gets thrown around and has been for year. They have supposedly redone their engine many times and yet we're still here.

Quote:
I just think you're very very very confused with what the Ignite Engine truly is...
I actually do know what an engine is and it's irritating to me to see the term just thrown around as if it was the key to all ails in any game. I don't care how good your "engine" is - if you want to make a bad game, a good "engine" isn't going to stop you.

Quote:
The in game "Engine" NBA Live has for their graphics, animation system and core game play mechanics is completely different from Madden 25 and Fifa 14 from what I can see.
Actually, a game is constructed using many different "engines". You named 3 just now. For the record, we've been lead to believe that those games actually DO share some subsystems, including but not limited to the animation system.

Quote:
I realize that EA Sports stated how the Ignite Engine is supposed to help them share technologies with animations and what not. Although, NBA Live 14 just doesn't look like it's sharing a single thing from any of the other titles is all.
Heh. It's not as if FIFA (look up CLOSE) or Madden (look from any distance) are looking all that great either. The difference you're seeing in Live animations are the actual animations. I could definitely believe they all share the same animation system. That includes low level animating logic, data format, tools, etc...

Quote:
Don't be a sarcastic little prick to someone when they're only pointing out what they believe will do something to push the product forward. You must have a hard time getting along with people huh there chief? XD
As I read it, I guess it WOULD come off as pointed squarely at you. Wasn't really my intent. And, yes, I do have an abrasive sense of humor sometimes. I just lose my manners when I'm really annoyed. My apologies.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #118
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
HHG is a wacko and a stan most of the time, but he is one of the journalist out there that have early access on what next gen games are coming out. He pretty much saw what these other games were doing to bring their games to the next level on the next generation. When he saw Live's true game and not the E3 demo, then he could not support them anymore because there not bringing their best effort.
The problem with him is that in MOST cases (especially this one), he saw no more than the rest of us and was ready to crown Live with nothing more than hype fed to him. That's VERY irresponsible "journalism".
Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #119
Banned

dude above me EA sucks deal with it
Old 11-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #120
Banned

i don't give a damn what anybody on this forum has to say, i have both 2k14 and live 14 and im enjoying both of them. you people should be happy that there another basketball game out beside 2k, yeah the game ain't up to par with 2k14 but it a fun experience overall.

you people on this forum ain't true nba fans because if you was, you will appreciate both games whether it either good or bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »