Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Go away EA! We don't need company that behaves like a parasite. I'm declared a boycott to EA! Join me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #162
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
What other body of work can we compare it to? Live 13 and elite are their recent efforts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
So we have to compare live 14 with elite, a 3 year old previous gen game that wasn't even released and people are still defending ea?

Really?

They've had 3 years to make a proper next gen simulation bball game...and we get this?

I'm sorry but we, as paying customers, can expect something better for 60$.

If it's part 1 of a 3 year plan the game should be 20-30$. Konami did that with pes this year, but this is ea we're talking about..so I fully expect their main focus to be ultimate team, not (simulation) gameplay improvements.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #163
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
What other body of work can we compare it to? Live 13 and elite are their recent efforts
A clear, undeniable difference between current and next gen should be there. I know there is some trolling when this is said, but if someone has to wonder if the game could be done on current gen, that's a problem. Basically, it should go without saying that it's better than Elite. To use that statement as a defense is reprehensible.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #164
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I actually think I'll get NBA Live OVER NBA 2k.

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #165
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I actually think I'll get NBA Live OVER NBA 2k.

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
Join date November 2013. Hello fluent2332.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #166
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

I honestly thought the game would be somewhat decent but there is no way in the world that ANYONE should look at this and think this isn't a horrendous product imo.

I stopped watching when whoever it was(couldnt tell who since all the players look like characterchures) pro hopped into Chris Paul who fell incredibly unrealistically and then zoomed with impossible momentum to the hoop for the Dunk

This game just looks bad and it's hard to understand how so much money and time could be put into something and it look this bad, I really don't get it. My condolences to whoever preorded this game
Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is it just me or is the defensive rotation in this game solid?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #168
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
A clear, undeniable difference between current and next gen should be there. I know there is some trolling when this is said, but if someone has to wonder if the game could be done on current gen, that's a problem. Basically, it should go without saying that it's better than Elite. To use that statement as a defense is reprehensible.
Well if we want to get technical. NBA 2K14 is the only true next gen (or current?) Game. Most games out right now for the console are similar to their last (current?) Gen counterparts.

I'm not saying live is the greatest game of all time or that it is worth sixty bucks. It's not but is it a building block in the right direction? Yes. It has potential its up to ea how far they want to take it. I see a bunch of scrambled pieces from them. They need to find a way to make it into one piece

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »