Home

Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

This is a discussion on Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sound off: Who Should LA Surround Kobe With the Next Two Years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
i find it funny that you can find people chanting MVP at away games for kobe, but as soon as you go online there is non stop haters. This proves they need an age limit on the internet.
Or fans that go to a game for other reasons than just to watch Kobe.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
i find it funny that you can find people chanting MVP at away games for kobe, but as soon as you go online there is non stop haters. This proves they need an age limit on the internet.
Or most people that attend NBA games are bandwagoning chuckleheads who don't know anything about basketball.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #59
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
That's ironic, considering the bolded is the type of nonsense a 12 year old would say.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by truzoe
You have no idea how teams are set up and there is a cap they have to follow. Even if that was possible there would be no money to spread around and get a decent bench.
Eric Bledsoe and Anthony Davis arent max contract guys, and most likely wont be. they are good complimentary pieces. I dont know how contracts work, (what ever), but folks are talking about Kevin Love. Lamarcus Aldrige etc. those guys are more Max guys than Anthony Davis (at least not yet).
Hibbert has a player option that year. and Brook Lopez will not be a max guy then either. especially when you have your Deandre Jordan's (team option) and Andre Drummond's (fa) becoming free agents or have the opportunity to opt out in 2015. even Marc Gasol will be a free agent that year.
will they all get max contracts nope.
will the Lakers gladly go over the cap and pay the luxury tax. Yup. they have always done this. this is the Lakers not OKC, Detroit, etc!!!! Lakers are a prime time money making team. and that wont change.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #61
MVP

for folks bashing my scenario of :
Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony
Anthony Davis in 2015/16-(team option) by then he'll want out. so far he isnt proven to be a max guy, and most likely wont be. and if they are still in losing mode then, the Lakers will gladly surrender draft picks-like they have always done

and Brook Lopez 2015 is a free agent- and not a max guy
Roy Hibbert- has a player option in 2015. Lakers have a tradition of signing dominant big men. Dwight was the exception to the rule. you do the Math.
Hibbert is that great dominant defensive BIg Man LA will need.

so yes I do see LA having a line up that consists of Carmello, Kobe and most likely HIbbert. That scenario is more realistic than Kevin Love, Chris Bosh going to LA

In addition, Lakers have traditionally gone over the cap. why would that change. The Lakers are a money making enterprise, and that wont change. they'll gladly pay a luxury tax. IF they signed Dwight Howard that would have still been the scenario. Kobe would have still gotten the same extension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony
Anthony Davis in 2015/16-(team option) by then he'll want out. so far he isnt proven to be a max guy, and most likely wont be. and if they are still in losing mode then, the Lakers will gladly surrender draft picks-like they have always done

Roy Hibbert- has a player option in 2015. Lakers have a tradition of signing dominant big men. Dwight was the exception to the rule. you do the Math.

so yes I do see LA having a line up that consists of Carmello, Kobe and most likely HIbbert. That scenario is more realistic than Kevin Love, Chris Bosh going to LA

In addition, Lakers have traditionally gone over the cap. why would that change. The Lakers are a money making enterprise, and that wont change. they'll gladly pay a luxury tax. IF they signed Dwight Howard that would have still been the scenario. Kobe would have still gotten the same extension.
Are you serious right now saying Anthony Davis hasn't done enough to prove to be a max contract guy???
Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #63
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Are you serious right now saying Anthony Davis hasn't done enough to prove to be a max contract guy???
Umm he has a lot of potential but i agree with him hes not
Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #64
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
Eric Bledsoe
Kobe Bryant
Carmello Anthony

That is just not a realistic lineup at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »