Home

EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0
The only release window is Spring 2014. The screenshots are nice and all but they won't matter if the submission system isn't good. That's all the hardcore mma community is waiting to hear about.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators1984
That's not true at all in my opinion. If they show off their unfinished product and it sours people who may be on the fence about buying the game then they could lose a lot of sales. It doesn't matter if their is a competing game or not. From your perspective you may have decided to buy the game regardless but many people decide their buys differently. You still have to put out a strong marketing plan.
I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm just dying to see something lol. The couple of teases they put out looked good already so just go for it. They are wishy washy with their marketing decisions lately, didn't show live at all!

I just think a game with no competition in its market you could give us a taste. They used to show like what they were doing behind the scenes foot planting and stuff like that with madden and live a few years back using generic models, stuff like that could be cool to showcase grapple and submission systems, and build up to the games release.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
When is this supposed to come out? April? May? I'm desperate for news too, but we've still got a pretty decent window before release. Hopefully we see something soon though.
Spring this year, but the fight night team is working on it and they always delayed those games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Cool Re: EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I haven't made up my mind yet but I'm just dying to see something lol. The couple of teases they put out looked good already so just go for it. They are wishy washy with their marketing decisions lately, didn't show live at all!

I just think a game with no competition in its market you could give us a taste. They used to show like what they were doing behind the scenes foot planting and stuff like that with madden and live a few years back using generic models, stuff like that could be cool to showcase grapple and submission systems, and build up to the games release.
Why do people keep comparing this to Live? What doesnt Live have to do with this game?

We are at best 4 months away from this game coming out and every week for the past month, EA has released screenshots of the game. WE ALREADY HAVE MORE SCREENSHOTS FOR UFC THEN WE DID FOR LIVE BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED!

The feature list wont drop until Feb/March at the earliest so just enjoy the screenshots and be patient.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Banned

Re: EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou

Costa looks great. Its weird…they seem to be getting the lesser known fighters down better than the bigger names.

Its weird to me that they are only releasing images. I would love info on gameplay or features. The lack of info on things of importance is making me lose faith
Old 01-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
Costa looks great. Its weird…they seem to be getting the lesser known fighters down better than the bigger names.

Its weird to me that they are only releasing images. I would love info on gameplay or features. The lack of info on things of importance is making me lose faith
Why would people expect this information from a game that isnt coming out for another 4 or 5 months? ****, we dont even have information like this about the Show and its likely to come out in March/April.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #15
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would people expect this information from a game that isnt coming out for another 4 or 5 months? ****, we dont even have information like this about the Show and its likely to come out in March/April.
Great points....

Plus they're also finalizing things (like submission systems, etc).

Let them figure out what works best, get it in the game, and then have a 1-2 month hype fest on the way to release day....That's how I'd do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why do people keep comparing this to Live? What doesnt Live have to do with this game?

We are at best 4 months away from this game coming out and every week for the past month, EA has released screenshots of the game. WE ALREADY HAVE MORE SCREENSHOTS FOR UFC THEN WE DID FOR LIVE BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED!

The feature list wont drop until Feb/March at the earliest so just enjoy the screenshots and be patient.
Not necessarily comparing UFC to nba live but I was comparing ea's marketing to ea's marketing. Secondly I wasn't nor do I think anyone was complaining about what info we have been getting.

If you cared to read my post you would see that I said its not like live where you have competition in the genre and in that case they should keep things alil more tight lipped, but with a game where there's no competition I feel they could be more aggressive showing their game. So take it easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »