Home

NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Working

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Working within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #65
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Worki

Weird everything works fine the highlights nba today for me did you try deleting and reinstalling?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K14 Still Suffering From Dashboard Kickbacks, Corrupt Saves, Modes Not Worki

I'm on the verge of buying this game for PS4, but reading all bad issues makes me hesitate. Should I just skip it this year and continue playing the X360 version?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #67
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by threatlockz
I'm on the verge of buying this game for PS4, but reading all bad issues makes me hesitate. Should I just skip it this year and continue playing the X360 version?
Until patch 4 comes out and come on here and see what people say if it fixes the game or not
Old 01-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
It depend on what you like.

2K took a lot of the features I liked; CAP, using others great offline rosters, association, shoes, etc...

I got it on the PS4 and I enjoy the gameplay but I only play offline quick games. I rarely play online quick games but I play team up (which I can't play now with 2K servers).

If you have online all the time you may have no problem.

Last edited by keshunleon; 01-20-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #69
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Well after a few weeks of no problems, I'm now getting the CE-34878-0 error message whenever I start the game. Digital copy. Can't even get to the screen. Guess this is a dashboard kick. PS4. Just started today.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I am just playing season mode on Xb1and I play the out of the box version of the game.

I just unplug the wifi when ever I pop in the game, so I have never DL'd any patches and I play offline. I never get booted to the home screen.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 13
XB1: In addition to mycareer kicking me back to the home screen, BEFORE that happened, it appears as though my season got simulated somehow.

I'm not sure if that's just part of the scripted nature of the mode or not, for anyone that was able to get through it somewhat, you know there's a ton of scripted things that happen. But I was only in January.

My last save, I was heading to a game, I start it up today, and it goes straight to some cutscene about another agent trying to lure me away. Then it goes to a one on one game against Ellis on the rooftop (apparently I was awarded Rookie of the Year?) after I won that game, it shows another cutscene where my player is sitting on the couch (playing a videogame ironically), and it says "simulating offseason" near the lower right side of the screen, at which point it crashes back to the dashboard without fail. Very confusing, and even more frustrating....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #72
Zab
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
XB1: In addition to mycareer kicking me back to the home screen, BEFORE that happened, it appears as though my season got simulated somehow.

I'm not sure if that's just part of the scripted nature of the mode or not, for anyone that was able to get through it somewhat, you know there's a ton of scripted things that happen. But I was only in January.

My last save, I was heading to a game, I start it up today, and it goes straight to some cutscene about another agent trying to lure me away. Then it goes to a one on one game against Ellis on the rooftop (apparently I was awarded Rookie of the Year?) after I won that game, it shows another cutscene where my player is sitting on the couch (playing a videogame ironically), and it says "simulating offseason" near the lower right side of the screen, at which point it crashes back to the dashboard without fail. Very confusing, and even more frustrating....
Yeah, your game skipped ahead. You're not supposed to face Ellis until the end of the season.

I posted this in the bug thread, but thought it might be useful to some as a heads-up:

If anyone gets the team scrimmage freeze bug, don't close the game. Dick around some with the OS options available to you (the PS button and Share function). When you return to the game, it should continue as normal. Not sure if it's a solution for everyone, but it worked for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »