Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
its not even better then live 10 so they went backwards lol madden 25 went backwards on next gen both games need to be Overhauled. I tell yall if I see these Same *** BUM Graphics next yr I sueing these Bastards its False Advertising. madden living world Bulll**** Bulll**** Bull**** EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 PM   #42
Rookie

And now you know what it's like to play NHL. EA still hasn't given us a decent roster and the games been out since September.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:17 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
EA Tiburon is really making their whole organization look bad. Its crazy to see how one branch, EA Canada, seems to be more determined to make a quality product. As in any family, you got the kid who makes A's and honor roll and you got the kid who lives in detention after class. At least with football they got a shot at making things right, Live is done. To me at least.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 8
How can anyone be surprised how bad this game is. I am really sad for anyone who paid for this game full price. Knowing they couldn't even get the game out the last 2 tries.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #45
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Im still seeing the "next year" mantra going on in this thread. It's a de ja vu slogan for this series, long running since Live 07. Bolded sig says a lot, gluttons for punishment..
Noshun:

Your sig quote is my comment from PastaPadre's forum! Lol. Hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #46
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
This is one area I find especially inexcusable, for Live or 2k. I mean, is it really that difficult to hire one or two people, whose entire job description is to update transactions, ratings and accessories? Considering how each year these games advertise 'daily updates' in the months leading up to release, I would think this kind of neglect could easily be labeled fraud. 7 ratings changes in 3 months? Wow....
Old 02-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #47
Rookie

Holy **** I can't believe that's what Giannis looks like, that is hilarious. What a dumpster fire.

I've enjoyed 2k on the ps4 but I really dislike the stripping of control these games are going forward with (limited roster editing, No created players, No 30 team franchise control). As the games run on more powerful systems you should get more control, not less.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 8
I didn't get through all of the comments, but I will say it again about NBA Live. In my opinion Live 07-09 was decent at best and Live 10 was the peak of the franchise. Since then the only game they released was Live 14, which isn't as good as Live 10 of a previous generation. Everyone seems to ignore the elephant in the room that Mike Wang produced Live 10, left and made 2K11-14, all the best the bball games of their respective years. As far as bball basketball games go, he seems to the genius behind them. He left EA because of politics and the fact that it was too hard to get things done to improve the game.

We all have fond memories of NBA Live, but we have to be honest about the times. The Live we grew up with didn't have to deliver the level of realism that is required today. Contact in the paint, the level of AI, off ball movements etc are all things that we look for today. Back in 2004 you could simply add a freestyle dribble stick and we were impressed. The detail that goes into sports games today require a great mind to lead, a stellar team and the publisher all working hand in hand. From what I played in Live 14 it would be close to impossible to turn that around to something new in 9-10 months. It took 2K 17 years to get to the gameplay we see now and they have a great organization in place producing their basketball game. I just think it's time that we're all honest about who's making Live today, their track record and what we've actually seen the last couple of years. I remember them saying it had to be on next gen because current gen couldn't handle what they were about to put out, smdh.

Just my two cents, spend them how you want.. No offense intended to anyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »