Home

Kinect Sports Rivals Review (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Kinect Sports Rivals Review (Xbox One) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Kinect Sports Rivals Review (Xbox One)

While there is Skype, Xbox Fitness, signing in with your face, scanning QR codes or using your voice to navigate, there haven't been any (meaningful) game reasons to use your Kinect 2.0 on the Xbox One. Enter Kinect Sports Rivals, the first substantial foray into motion gaming on the new Xbox. The idea of the game is fairly simple, and it's akin to previous Kinect Sports titles or even Wii Sports Resort. In this entry, you compete in a series of six sports in an island setting, unlocking new chapters of the game's silly story as well as new gear for your character. When you want to take your skills against the world, you do so via the Rivals mode. All of this comes for a $60 asking price, which is too high, but if you can look past that and some other issues, you may have some fun here.

Read More - Kinect Sports Rivals Review (Xbox One)
Platform: Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
I would like to get this game. There are some fun things about it but, $60? That's just crazy.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I would like to get this game. There are some fun things about it but, $60? That's just crazy.
I agree. I had to factor that in when reviewing it, as it just seemed too out of step with what the game was offering. if they went people to warm to motion gaming, they need to compensate for these early years where the tech is finding its footing.

Again, I'd say it's worth your time for $30 or $40, especially if you like this type of thing. There's stuff to like about it, but the price is a big strike against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »