Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #25
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I see this line written in The Show forums every year. My conclusion is that SCEA is happy with this kind of commentary and it's somewhat a game design decision which I don't see them change in the near future.
In fact I don't find so bad the commentary. Ofc it's not as good as MLB2k's but as I've mentioned SCEA have chosen the way of "more serious commentary" and "less colour commentary". Certainly it has nothing to do with limited system resources/last gen/next gen etc.
I think its more that they have been ok with it and concentrated on the gameplay and other features. Happy sounds like something you would be proud of. I do not think settling for less then what other sports games do in this area is something you would never try to improve on at some point.

I did not expect anything drastic with the ps3 cycle winding down. Since this year was more of a port transition to the ps4, im hopeful that in one of the future ps4 mlb the show titles that this area that sticks out compared to everything else will be improved to blend in nicely with the other qualities this series have been known for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
With all this stuff being thrown out there by speculators and the things I'm hearing from those who have the game already, I dont know what to expect. :/ Guess I gotta hope for the best on Monday night and hope for a patch day one.
What have you heard to want a patch day 1?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Lighting issues for one. Apparently some stadiums aren't lit up right. (Like Cardinals, Busch's stands are straight dark).
Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #28
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Aguero, I know one of the things is on certain stadium(most noticeable Busch Stadium) that there are signs that are illuminated in real life and are not in the show, and that the stadium look like it has no lights at all so the crowd is dark. basically it looks like the only thing on night games that is lit up is the field. There are more complaints and disappointments that others have, This is just one I know QuietPro and myself was hoping to see a patch for.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #29
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Lighting issues for one. Apparently some stadiums aren't lit up right. (Like Cardinals, Busch's stands are straight dark).
There is usually a day 1 patch anyways. This past patch on the PS3 had PS4 patch notes in it.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
There is usually a day 1 patch anyways. This past patch on the PS3 had PS4 patch notes in it.
So would it be safe to say that it's PROBABLE there will be a patch day one that'll address the lighting issues as well as some other minor things on May 6th?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #31
MVP

Oh man I can't resist saying this... Lighting issues won't have much of an affect for me!! lol! Actually it would, I can see well enough that even I'd notice something like that when playing on my 50 inch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #32
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
So would it be safe to say that it's PROBABLE there will be a patch day one that'll address the lighting issues as well as some other minor things on May 6th?
It is def possible, but it is also possible that it may not be a glitch (I'm not saying it isn't I'm just saying for the sake of the conversation). There is always a Day 1 patch that's pretty much a given. What exactly it will fix? We'll have to wait til Monday/Tuesday when the servers work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »