Home

In The Show, You Can Get What You Want

This is a discussion on In The Show, You Can Get What You Want within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
In The Show, You Can Get What You Want

One of the biggest lessons in life is that sometimes we just can’t get things our way.

We live in a culture and within an era where customized and personal experiences are being delivered at an ever increasing pace. Within one genre of video games, that progress has been stifled and has fallen behind: sports video games. The old Rolling Stones song “You can’t always get what you want” has seemed all to pertinent for many titles within our genre.

Read More - In The Show, You Can Get What You Want
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In The Show, You Can Get What You Want

I like this.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Actually, it doesn't sound like all that many customizable options. Can you create a team? How about a stadium? Or custom uniforms? The mid-2000s sports games offered many more customizable options than what I'm seeing listed here, which are nothing more than glorified sliders and camera angles. Even in College Hoops 2K6 you could put in your own music to the arena. When are sports games going to return to all those customizable options, instead of offering "better graphics" every single year?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Packers Fan
Actually, it doesn't sound like all that many customizable options. Can you create a team? How about a stadium? Or custom uniforms? The mid-2000s sports games offered many more customizable options than what I'm seeing listed here, which are nothing more than glorified sliders and camera angles. Even in College Hoops 2K6 you could put in your own music to the arena. When are sports games going to return to all those customizable options, instead of offering "better graphics" every single year?
Do you even have the game ? The gameplay is highly customizable. Glorified sliders ? Yea, cool adjective.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

Well all i want is my basic Mets home white uniform, and i can't even get that lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

allstardad's Arena

this thread should kick off an interesting debate back and forth...lol

Old 05-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

I think next year for MANY games is going to be the year to watch. This year, not just with The Show, but with many other games, seemed rushed and just missed the mark. Great things to come, but not this year.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets1986
I think next year for MANY games is going to be the year to watch. This year, not just with The Show, but with many other games, seemed rushed and just missed the mark. Great things to come, but not this year.
It'll take two more years for some franchises. That was the case for me with The Show on PS3.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »