Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #385
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Guys, the sim engine is what it is. I feel there is no point in changing attributes if you're getting the same league average in batting average as the MLB. In OSFM V2 sims, the only problem I'm seeing is strikeout averages for pitchers are too low, and stolen bases are around 10 too low. Everything else in near spot on.

If you're seeing the same amount of .300 hitters in both Hybrid and OSFM V2 then the league wide average is probably still spot on. You're not seeing as many .300 hitters but other guys who don't normally hit for high averages are a bit higher, making the league average still on par with MLB.

Willard stated himself that he tried things and still got similar results so that should clue into you all that the sim engine is what it is. Change the algorithms and in a few years, things will turn back to what you saw before the adjustments. I don't get why you're not getting this!

The fact I haven't seen anyone post the Hybrid league wide batting average and is trying to change things is beyond me... Crunch the numbers people. Leave it alone...

Well last night I lowered almost every pitcher in mlb and triple A 5 points on H/9 and I also raised the top 25 or so hitters about 5 each on contact L and R. It seemed to help quite a bit but without pitch edits, it really did not matter at all. Once I get V2 I will be able to tinker more and will post my results again. I wont have time to do much till Sun night, Mon morn though, we will see what happens! Although maybe V2 will come out and need nothing, that is my hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #386
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I am currently trying to figure out how to boost Edwin Encarnacion's power to 1000 - just hit HR #17, 15 in the month of May
I did some research .. The most home runs in a month was set by Sammy Sosa in 98 with 20. That probably won't happen, but he could set the AL record for the month of May which is 16 set by Mickey Mantle back in 1956.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #387
Rookie

jmurphy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I am currently trying to figure out how to boost Edwin Encarnacion's power to 1000 - just hit HR #17, 15 in the month of May
That's all well and good Willard, but if you're doing that, you'll need to boost Joe's power to at least 2000. Because lets face it, hes the best Power 1B in the game.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #388
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Version 2 is in the Vault and there is a new thread - enjoy everyone - tons of work was put in to make this happen in 2 days!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046273143

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #389
Pro

IK720's Arena

So I feel a little stupid, but I've read through at least 10 pages or so of this thread and I can't figure out which version is coming out tonight haha.. Is it the hybrid with pitch edits? Or is it the hybrid with pitch edits as well as some other edits?

Sorry I got lost somewhere between yesterday and tonight
Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #390
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK720
So I feel a little stupid, but I've read through at least 10 pages or so of this thread and I can't figure out which version is coming out tonight haha.. Is it the hybrid with pitch edits? Or is it the hybrid with pitch edits as well as some other edits?

Sorry I got lost somewhere between yesterday and tonight

V2 has pitch edits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »