Home

MLB 14 The Show: Questioning the Online Experience

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Questioning the Online Experience within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #33
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Questioning the Online Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Online has it's hiccups but overall it's still really fun. I haven't had too many issues. A couple funny things and maybe one disconnect. Out of one month of games that's not any different than a madden league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have played almost two dozen online league games and for the most part all the games have been buttery smooth. Yes there are "synching" (and morphing) issues - where at times (mainly on errant throws) the person who is batting isn't "seeing what is really happening" on the field which has cost me base running blunders- and yes I had a couple of games disconnects with that stupid error code but even though online is not perfect I have to say I have had a blast playing in my two online leagues. It also helps when the guys in the league are class acts. Unfortunately most folks have posted negative experiences so I must be in the minority of enjoying the online franchise mode.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0
I would love to play online, but I can't, because there's no auto fielding. btw, I tried a game just for fun today, I thought you needed ps plus to play online, I don't have it, but was stil able to play a game.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
I would love to play online, but I can't, because there's no auto fielding. btw, I tried a game just for fun today, I thought you needed ps plus to play online, I don't have it, but was stil able to play a game.
That's the other issue that I think is hampering online participation. Game options and settings that are available offline are not included online. I remember reading a while back that a very large portion of The Show players use timing hitting. Since this option isn't included online, you've already lost a large chunk of players.

I get it, others who use the more difficult hitting interfaces don't want to face someone using timing hitting or auto fielding. To solve this, just don't have all options available in ranked games and have them open in unranked games. Have the stats in unranked not count in the leader boards (but still keep track under my profile for bragging rights among friends).

It sucks having friends who use either timing hitting or auto fielding and won't play online (unranked) because their usual options aren't available. I just want to have a friendly game with my buddy with him playing how he's comfortable.

If you want to get more people online, let them play how they play offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #36
Rookie

Personally, I have found the Online Franchise is unplayable. The other online features are fine. I'm curious how many people do Online Franchise vs other online components (RTTS, etc).

Last edited by twinsfan34; 06-14-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #37
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
Personally, I have found the Online Franchise is unplayable. The other online features are fine. I'm curious how many people do Online Franchise vs other online components (RTTS, etc).
not playable lmao have you even played the mode, in 4 leagues now with no issues
Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #38
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
not playable lmao have you even played the mode, in 4 leagues now with no issues
exactly:

http://theshownation.com/players/flightmaestro
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #39
Just started!

I'm extremely disappointed as we are now in the PS4 gen and there are still serious online lag issues with this game. Also, can you no use the headset and talk to friends online when playing? If this is the case another disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #40
Just started!

I'm extremely disappointed as we are now in the PS4 gen and there are still serious online lag issues with this game. Also, can you no use the headset and talk to friends online when playing? If this is the case another disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »