Home

NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #113
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant

It's time for 2K to implement the scanning technology Live 15 is using on shoes and accessories because those KD's are just sad smh Not really big on that type of stuff, but I mean at least try for once to have decent looking shoes. Any info on this?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #114
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp_YoureDreaming
From what it looks like, the graphics are identical to NBA 2K14. Iggy looked exactly like that last year; same skin tone, same hair, same shoes, same blue accessories. The only difference is that he had knee sleeves last year, now they're full leg sleeves.

This was a very unimpressive first trailer, to be honest. But it was a small sample size, so I won't worry about it too much. And this is definitely an alpha build, so hopefully there is a lot of polishing yet to be done (proper skin tones, proper body types, shoes, accessories, haircuts, etc.).
Definitely agree with this part

But it does look to me atleast that they gave iggy a hair cut, the 2k15 screenshot is kind of hard to tell, but his hair looks short to me.

Here's how it looked in 2k14

Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #115
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27

As far as the looks of the game. I want the jerseys to look like jerseys, move like them, actually lay on the players, etc. I want the shoes to be photo realistic (like KD and Kobe's low tops becoming high tops in game), more skin tones, more player models (that can change over the course of an Association). And finally, I've clamored a long time for (and will continue to do so) editing the hair, facial hair, and player builds of every player, including current players.

That would help us keep the game fresh. Like when Dirk starts the season clean shaven and grows out his hair and will at times grow out his beard. Maybe in our mind KD will have a big thick beard when he's 30, little things like that could go a long way.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #116
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Awesome... looks like we can still cheese the game by calling an isolation. Why are Bogut and Lee so far away and disinterested in even trying to do anything related to playing defense? Apparently, Iggy stays in front of Durant the entire drive, and gets dunked on with no help defense in the vicinity? The Warriors aren't a top 10 defensive team anymore?

Wow, and this is on top of some sort of revelation that zone defense will be seeing some sort of nerf? Looks like man defense received the biggest nerf yet. Geez, I'd rather see Durant dunk on some help defense rather than all over Iggy with his teammates not giving a damn.
How do you get that from a short clip? Why do I even read the comments...sigh lol
Old 08-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Pretty sure that it's the opposite. People have complained the the defense was over helping in 2K14ng.

Now I agree that they don't look interested in the play at all in that clip. Bogut especially should definately be helping on that play.
Not only this but apparently alot of people on these boards dont watch real NBA games. For example, the NBA FInals, there were many times that the Heat and Spurs failed to close out. Especially the Heat. This is common in ALOT of NBA games. So I dont understand how people get upset at 2K for something you can see in every , real, NBA game.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #118
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
NBA 2K gamers are like spoiled rich kids, Madden gamers are like poor humble kids, they appreciate any improvement they can get. The video looked excellent to me, better than anything out there, im super pumped I pre-ordered an XboxONE.
THANK YOU...although both groups never seem to be happy. I like to be critical too but there is not much to see here. I can wait for more details before making wild assumptions
Old 08-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 0
please bring next gen version to the pc. im already seeing things i don't like. us people who mod this game on the pc are going to have a blast with this.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #120
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
THANK YOU...although both groups never seem to be happy. I like to be critical too but there is not much to see here. I can wait for more details before making wild assumptions
Yeah, it's interesting reading this board. Madden fans would be happy to get authentic shoes, smooth animations, signature animations, tattoos, ect. Not trying to turn this into a comparison but the game looks great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »