Home

NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #17
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers

I agree Malkin should be a top 5 center in the game. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Pens fan I'm saying it cuz the guy is talented like no other but if you don't like what he's rated just edit him in the game simple as that.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
I agree Malkin should be a top 5 center in the game. I'm not saying this just because I'm a Pens fan I'm saying it cuz the guy is talented like no other but if you don't like what he's rated just edit him in the game simple as that.
Of course, that solution doesn't help for online modes.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #19
Rookie

schnitzelrocket's Arena

OVR: 0

As a Detroit Red Wings fan I am extremely happy to see that Datsyuk broke the top five but I am going to have to wonder why Malkin didn't. I know that there is already a lot of talk about this in this forum but it just baffles me how he doesn't make it. If Datsyuk is in Malkin should be too. I know they are two completely different players but still.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Someone said this earlier and I have to agree, there just isn't a big enough gap between the elite players and the average ones. That's always been the problem with the NHL game's ratings. Especially for teams in general. I hat the star system they use for ranking the teams. That's why the standings are usually out of whack. There's not a big enough difference between the worst team in the league and the best.
I guess that is somewhat the point I am trying to make, and should have been more clear about it.
Say Malkin is ranked as the number 6 center in this game at 91 or as close to 92 as you can get. That means, with Crosby excluded, Malkin is 1 or 2 overall points between being ranked as the second ranked center, to the 6th ranked center overall. There is no way that the game can tangibly account for that. Even if the ranking system was superb, it's not going to show much of a difference in game between those 6 centers overall(albeit for individual attributes). So with EAs sub par way of evaluating players, where a 75 guy isn't vastly different from a 90, this is really a non issue in terms of anything gameplay related. At least if/ or until EA decides to reevaluate it's player ranking process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »