Home

NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #409
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The answer to all these is that this is only on the demo.

I think this is really the wise way to do it, because it stops me from playing too much and being oversaturated by this game before the final product. Obviously the final product will have these settings, features, and save files so you won't have these issues.

Your other complaints are probably rather legitimate in that they will appear in the retail version of the game.
Yeah I kind of wrote that in a huff last night after getting jipped in Madden at like 4 o'clock in the morning. So I went on NHL and was just annoyed with it.

But it's like, the free skate, it plays well. But then you go into the game and it's like, you can't even use the tools they give you because the ai is so terrible. You can, but you have to disillusion yourself and play by the game's rules, instead of trying to play actual hockey. This game isn't hockey.

Online is better. I don't know how any of you offline people can honestly play against the CPU. Yes online has cheesers and glitchers and they come with their own annoyances, but my god, the CPU is just unplayable. And the thing is, I can beat the CPU 100-0 if I want to, not cheesing either, just playing "the game". But if I try to play real hockey, it's impossible.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #410
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually think the game is closer to real hockey than it's ever been. You can dump the puck into the zone realistically, and the AI plays a lot smarter. It's harder to score cross crease on the move, but easier to score cross crease to a player whose setup.

Cycling the puck feels more important than ever, and the puck doesn't magically sail through skates any longer.

Of course the game isn't perfect. The board play leaves a lot to be desired, the goalies are far from perfect, and the AI still makes bone head moves, but the game feels better than it ever has.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #411
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Finally tried the demo and so far it was just ok. I think I like the PS3 NHL games quite a bit more. In this new one it doesn't feel like my stick has any connection with the puck, feels off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #412
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316

Why the **** is it 2 minute periods? I can't do ANYTHING in 2 minutes, just give us one 5 minute period.

Seriously it is SO bad.
Just imagine if they did this with 1 5 minute period? I think there's more annoying stuffs we will discover. Personally, I prefer this than the one we have which is 3x 2 min game. Because it breaks the rhythm you're having to know more about the game flow.

I know you're so pissed in this game...as much as I do and some people here. But let's wait until the verdict comes from those who will get this game via EA Early Access. I will put this as rent via gamefly and if I dont see the improvements I want to see...it will be a short rent.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #413
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I actually think the game is closer to real hockey than it's ever been. You can dump the puck into the zone realistically, and the AI plays a lot smarter. It's harder to score cross crease on the move, but easier to score cross crease to a player whose setup.

Cycling the puck feels more important than ever, and the puck doesn't magically sail through skates any longer.

Of course the game isn't perfect. The board play leaves a lot to be desired, the goalies are far from perfect, and the AI still makes bone head moves, but the game feels better than it ever has.
I just wish my teammates actually forechecked and attempted to play loose pucks. Its stomach wrenching when they skate away from the puck that's loose and up for grabs. That alone makes me want to just turn the game off.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #414
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Well I had this happen last night and I've seen it a couple other times so far as well. I retrieved a puck in the left corner of the offensive zone. My player gets the puck. His entire stick takes the puck through the boards and then stick handles it out of the boards. I proceeded to go and score a few seconds later. How in the world is this stuff still happening this gen? It's bad enough sticks already go through bodies and other sticks (yes I know they don't have it in the game for a "reason"), but the boards to? I figured we would at least see this game more fine tuned in areas like this. Apparently I thought wrong.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #415
Rookie

meep316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Well I had this happen last night and I've seen it a couple other times so far as well. I retrieved a puck in the left corner of the offensive zone. My player gets the puck. His entire stick takes the puck through the boards and then stick handles it out of the boards. I proceeded to go and score a few seconds later. How in the world is this stuff still happening this gen? It's bad enough sticks already go through bodies and other sticks (yes I know they don't have it in the game for a "reason"), but the boards to? I figured we would at least see this game more fine tuned in areas like this. Apparently I thought wrong.
I see this very often. The skating along the boards is just the wild wild west in terms of what's going to happen with the puck. It's like impossible for the CPU to check me when I'm along the boards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
I just wish my teammates actually forechecked and attempted to play loose pucks. Its stomach wrenching when they skate away from the puck that's loose and up for grabs. That alone makes me want to just turn the game off.
I honestly think this is my #1 pet-peeve about NHL14 right now. Even more than my constant griping about having more player and team differential/separation.

I really hope the final product has addressed this, or at the least sliders can be used to alleviate the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »