Home

NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #321
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Might Be Missing More Than We Anticipated (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
You can add to this list that we can no longer play "couch co-op" with friends in online VS.

My friends used to love coming over and playing as a guest in online VS games with me. That functionality is no longer available
I'm actually happy that got taken out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #322
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
They do need a season and playoff mode patched in and hopefully a player editor. The demo sure didn't show graphics like 2k did w the nba. I'm waiting to see what they do bc I generally play against someone in a season or playoff mode or against CPU. I don't really care about ahl or other modes but some do and eashl was a piss off for them.
I just hope they make differences in teams and players more noticeable instead of everyone playing the same and w the same ability.
Let's hope Sony studios or 2k make a next gen hockey game.
OK, I just saw so many threads on so many websites and I kinda got really worried really quickly. So, as a season guy who likes to keep rosters the same (unless they change in real life), do you think I would be happy? Would I be able to make a trade on two teams I don't control? Thanks for your reply.

No. You can't control more than your team. You can't play a single season mode. You can only play a stripped down GM mode. You can opt to turn CPU trades off, but that will be your only control over the rest of the league. You cannot edit players at all either.

So far, we know what people have seen in the 6hr early release demo. We know they will have patchs/etc. They prob./cannot fix everything missing... but with these commits above here that are underlined, is what Iam wondering about.

Can we play a regular 82season & playoffs in the gm gamemode. Can we actually play the 82games & playoff in that mode? or is it only a sim mode. If we can play all82 games in that mode, then that's ok because that's what we do. (It does suck that the modes a lot of people normally use arnt there...)

The bottom line is, no matter how skulls & bones it is, you have to be able to play a 82gameseason & playoffs. They have to have that at the very least.

And I wanted (driveable) Zambonis in the newgeneration console.

Last edited by robinson; 09-07-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #323
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
I'm actually happy that got taken out of the game.
Good, by that logic you should be ecstatic!!!
Take out 90% of game modes, drop 90% of the profits... Sounds good!!
Btw I don't let other ppls opinions determine my purchasing decisions either, but I sure as hell don't ignore customer feedback either!!
The game is ****!!! Ea sports is and has been nothing but rehashed trash for years now.
Of course these are just my opinions. To each their own, but don't complain when they decide to take out what you like about the game.
Negative reinforcement...
Old 09-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #324
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
You can add to this list that we can no longer play "couch co-op" with friends in online VS.

My friends used to love coming over and playing as a guest in online VS games with me. That functionality is no longer available
I liked that feature, too, the matchmaking just needed to smarter so that it wouldn't match people up in situations where one person has guests and one person doesn't.

They should have just limited the feature to guest vs. guest games instead of taking it out completely.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #325
MVP

OVR: 2

I can't believe we cant even edit freakin jersey numbers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #326
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
I can't believe we cant even edit freakin jersey numbers

Does this mean we all have to listen to a broken record of 12songs for 12mths. or did they at least add a 50 song play list. We are used to about 500 songs/organ & all goal songs.

No goal songs, WTF.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #327
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Good, by that logic you should be ecstatic!!!
Take out 90% of game modes, drop 90% of the profits... Sounds good!!
Btw I don't let other ppls opinions determine my purchasing decisions either, but I sure as hell don't ignore customer feedback either!!
The game is ****!!! Ea sports is and has been nothing but rehashed trash for years now.
Of course these are just my opinions. To each their own, but don't complain when they decide to take out what you like about the game.
Negative reinforcement...
They already took out GM Connected. But I have better things to do then cry on the internet about it. I'll play HUT and have a good time with it.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #328
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I liked that feature, too, the matchmaking just needed to smarter so that it wouldn't match people up in situations where one person has guests and one person doesn't.

They should have just limited the feature to guest vs. guest games instead of taking it out completely.
I wouldn't have minded the feature if that was the case when it was in. As a solo player I hated the cheese that inevitably came from guest teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »