Home

Why Project Cars Already Feels Like the People's Hardcore Racer

This is a discussion on Why Project Cars Already Feels Like the People's Hardcore Racer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why Project Cars Already Feels Like the People's Hardcore Racer

CVG has a great new piece up today discussing Project CARS and why it's crowdfunding approach has made it one of the most intriguing projects of the year.

Quote:
"On paper, the Kickstarter-funded Project Cars couldn't be more 21st-century, and developer Slightly Mad Studios is inordinately proud of that fact: the game, it says, has more than 80,000 'stakeholders'. Many of these are deeply involved in its very fabric, most notably professional drivers Oliver Webb and Ben Collins (once the Stig, until he wrote a book), plus Nic Hamilton, Lewis's brother. However, when you play Project Cars, it swiftly becomes clear that as racing games go, it's very much in the traditional camp."

The article goes on to talk about how much of what the game is bringing to the table is dedicated to pleasing the 80,000 stakeholders in the game.

Quote:
"But there's no doubt Project Cars is a hardcore racing-fanatic's idea of heaven. It looks amazing and replicates the real racing experience to a startling degree. And the beauty is that its community-led ethos should give anyone who buys it the chance to get involved in shaping its evolution: there will undoubtedly be votes about which tracks, cars and racing series should be added post-launch."

Be sure to check out more of our Project CARS coverage before the game ships November 18.
Platform: PC / Wii U / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Why Project Cars Already Feels Like the People's Hardcore Racer

Can't wait to play PC, DC, and TC. 3 possibly good driving games on the PS4.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Come November, or when you can preorder the PC version I will be getting this game. I've been following this game for awhile. From what I have seen so far this is the 1st true racing game. I can't wait to play this on the PC and all of the mods/cars/tracks that will follow.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
Come November, or when you can preorder the PC version I will be getting this game. I've been following this game for awhile. From what I have seen so far this is the 1st true racing game. I can't wait to play this on the PC and all of the mods/cars/tracks that will follow.
"1st true racing game" ? xD
You do know that on PC there is a true simulation by the name rFactor2 right? It doesn't have the content of others in this genre and also not having those neat graphic effects, but if you talk about "true racing" this software is so far ahead of calculating dynamic true to life racing it's ridicules.

NOT wanting to bash on pcars (or any other racing title), will take a look into it of course. It's just that I can't leave statements like that uncommented because it's not the truth.

That said, any attempt adding more racing sims to the genre is greatly appreciated. We can only profit by that in the long run.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx030
"1st true racing game" ? xD
You do know that on PC there is a true simulation by the name rFactor2 right? It doesn't have the content of others in this genre and also not having those neat graphic effects, but if you talk about "true racing" this software is so far ahead of calculating dynamic true to life racing it's ridicules.

NOT wanting to bash on pcars (or any other racing title), will take a look into it of course. It's just that I can't leave statements like that uncommented because it's not the truth.

That said, any attempt adding more racing sims to the genre is greatly appreciated. We can only profit by that in the long run.
rF2 hasn't had the support I thought it would in its development cycle though imo. I have it but I don't play as much as I want because of lack of content. I almost prefer rF1 because there's so many mods.

And don't forget Assetto Corsa which I think is something that many racing fans will enjoy at a lower price point than pCars. It's good for the PC racing scene to have legitimate options for a GT/Forza type game with a simulation flavour and a variety of motorsport to win (GRID series doesn't really count nowadays).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »