Home

WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #17

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

Lost my first match to John Cena in bout 3 minutes. Was a squash lol. Waiting on bestbuy to email me my Sting code
Old 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #18
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I only played a couple of universe matches this morning, but man... this gameplay is excellent. The superstars finally feel like they have weight to them. Normal strikes feel much more impactful than they ever did before. The stamina completely changes the end game. In previous years, even at the end of the match, you had two guys darting around the ring like Sonic the Hedgehog, trying to be the first to get that running grapple. Now, you've got to account for the fact that even if you're winning, it's going to take you a while to get to your feet. I love it.

The new tile-based menus are also excellent. The interface has taken a huge step up.

The fact that you can assign storylines to your universe rivalries is sick. I also noticed that if you let the CPU generate the rivalries, they also choose storylines. I know some people were worried they would be generic, but they're not!

The lacking match modes are a bummer, but they are the easiest part to add back if 2K wants to patch them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
OP's review mentioned some matches feeling like squashes -- can we still dictate length of match I.E. normal/epic/quick?
Yes. I think they call it short, normal, and long.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #19
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlekiller
I read on the IGN review that PS4 can only have 4 wrestlers in the ring at once, is this true for the PS4 owners?
Incorrect. The first match I played was elimination chamber. Six wreslters in the ring along with structure of the chamber on screen at once. I did think action got a little sluggish, nothing major, but six people at once is certainly possible.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #20
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlekiller
I read on the IGN review that PS4 can only have 4 wrestlers in the ring at once, is this true for the PS4 owners?
4 human controlled players on PS4.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundTheAlarm
Where are you guys putting in your codes for Sting and the Season pass? I go to the Playstation store button in the game and all I get is a blank blue screen. Can't find anywhere else to put in codes.
Go to the Playstation Store from the XMB screen and then scroll down to Redeem Codes. Type in the codes for both and then they will be installed. Season Pass stuff was not active last night when I played, but I did have Sting selectable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 0
I have to be that guy but the foot planting is very bad. I get that this isn't supposed to be an all out simulation but at times players are sliding & warping all over the ring like they're on ice skates. 2K needs to adapt some type of true step technology for all their sports games because foot planting continues to be a sore spot for them.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Played for about two hours last night. I started with an elimination chamber and was the 5th person in which resulted in a lot of watching and waiting. TBH I was underwhelmed at first. The graphics did not jump out like I thought they would, gameplay and animations looked similar, and once I got in the ring I thought the gameplay was about the same.

To be fair I was playing the game as I would for past games and it has been awhile since a played 2k14 or any other wrestling game (except for the two matches I played on the ps3 version of 2k15 last week). I have also been primarily playing ps4 games for about a year now so I have grown accustom to the better graphics. Because of this it made it difficult to compare the game to other versions of the game.

The more I played the more I enjoyed. Let's be clear here, we are not dealing with a completely new game and experience. If you are expecting this game to be unlike any wrestling game you have played in the past or to be a complete revamp for the series you might be disappointed. From what I have played this feels like a cleaner, smoother, and more fluid version of the game we have been playing for years. Moves and reversals transition more seemlessly with less hitches and more believable impact. Wrestlers move a bit slower in a realistic manner yet at the same time the gameplay has a much better flow. The pace of the gameplay is as good as ever.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #24
Just started!

OVR: 0
Im really liking the game, and satisfied with my pur chase since this is my first wrestling game since SvR 2008. I have one question though, how do you change the name of your superstar for mycareer? My name is just the default superstar name and I have already made it to NXT. Is there anyway to change this? Will I be given a name over time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »