Home

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #1121
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Nobody wanted this game to be great. I played it out of the box and thought it was more FUN than 2K. I thought it was great. The only major problem I saw was the animations for post play.

I saw a lot of little issues but a lot of potential.

But the patch ruined this game in opinion.

Instead of shooting 60% on average people shoot like 40%. Late game ai is still present. They did not address any of the post so again the post looks so ugly that its unplayable. as a kings fan I can play with Demarcus Cousins and do well with Cousins but it looks so terrible that I won't play in the post.

Shooting percentages are ridiculous now. They are completely random. I was playing online against the Warriors yesterday. Stephen Curry was missing countless open 3s. He was missing everything. We had a total of like 8 points in the 1st quarter (both teams). Missing tons of open shots.

More shots were going in that were bad than good. It was acomplete roll of the dice.

Shooting percentages needed to be tweaked, especially for offline play. But before, great releases went in about 70% of the time. Late releases went in about 20% of the time. Slightly late was like 30% ish. it all averaged oaveragedut. If you played a great game you could shoot great percentages. That's what made this very unique of a game. It wasn't a roll of the dice. it wasnt just based on your ability to get a good shot but you had to have the ability to make the shot too.

They took all control from the user. Shots go in at random with a edge to those who put themselves in a good position.

The shot grades seem completely broken and random.

How can they fix the game?

Add a ton of new post animations. Without that half of offense is broken.

Fix late game a.I.

Don't revert back to the old shooting. And don't revert back to the old percentages either. It should be in between. Put percentages higher than now but lower than before. A better mix of players having more control while still being realistic.

Of course next year they needed face scanning, better modes, etc.

But the post thing and in my mind percentages are even worse than before. So probably going to shelf it. Always rooting for Live but it's way too bad. This coming from someone who wanted it to succeed and enjoyed the potential of it early on. But it hasn't gotten better, just made different problems in my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #1122
Pro

gallandro's Arena

OVR: 6

Quick question. Just picked up my Xbox and Live 15 and I'm having a blast. I feel with the new patch that it plays a better game of basketball than 2K (I can't believe I'm even writing that). When a team comes from behind I definitely know it was from mistakes I've made on the floor and not some mysterious unseen force that seems to be guiding comebacks.

My question is this... I've been using Tomba's suggestions for settings for the game but it got me wondering about something. I was playing Knicks v Suns yesterday, and after a couple of bad decisions on my part the Knicks took a lead and after a bad decision on my part, they stole the ball with 18 seconds left. Rather than trying to run out the clock the Knicks went into their offensive set and started to run a play, and before I could foul the ball handler, they jacked up a shot and I got the rebound.

This got me thinking, and I've heard some people complain about late game clock management. Is it possible clock management goes out the window when the accelerated clock is in use? Is this something that might be fixable by turning off accelerated clock?

Yancy
Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #1123
Rookie

New

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #1124
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

12/23? Is it always for a future date like that?

I didn't get that when I booted this morning, I got a message about the server being down for maintenance though...

any detail on what new jerseys they added?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #1125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I didn't get that when I booted this morning, I got a message about the server being down for maintenance though...

I know they've added cavs blue jersey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #1126
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

They added a couple jersey and some new kicks

Old 12-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #1127
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancio23
They added a couple jersey and some new kicks

Oh, so they added jerseys other than the blue Cav's one?

Didn't think any other were missing.....cool!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1128
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I will say this, ratings only shooting is really terrible with this patch. Switched over to user skill and it isn't as bad. Still a tad bit low for mid range jumpers but it is much better then ratings only shooting. Kind of funny I stopped using user skill shooting because in the beginning I felt I never missed, so therefore I switched to ratings only. After this patch, ratings only shooting went into the toilet and user skill shooting is better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »