Home

Six Free Hours of Madden for Xbox One Owners

This is a discussion on Six Free Hours of Madden for Xbox One Owners within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Six Free Hours of Madden for Xbox One Owners

I gave up on XBOX systems with XBOX-One (just didn't want it for a number of reasons) and decided to make the jump to PS4. Well, I just recently received an XBOX-One and 7 games. Wasn't even expecting it.

Downloaded the free Madden trial and my initial thoughts are:

PLUSES

+ Models and textures are identical to the PS4 version of the game, but dark colors are deeper and light colors and lighting are a tad brighter, giving the graphical edge to the XBOX One version.

+ Pocket pressure sensing via the vibrating triggers is a nice touch.

+ Voice commands are cool and useful, but it would be helpful from a functionality standpoint if MS and/or EA figures out having these work with the headset, as sometimes having to scream at the Kinect is tiresome.

+ A number of animation sequences that play out like a mess on PS4 play out smoother on XBOX One, including a number of tackles, momentum and change of direction animations. Having the full PS4 copy, this angers me immensely.

+ At least judging from the free trial, it appears the XBOX One version recognizes the time of year and adjusts the temperature accordingly, because the players breath showed when I was playing the Panthers Vs. the Seahawks in Play Now. It doesn't do this in the PS4 version, and I'm upset!

EDIT: Apparently, this was happening because the game was still installing, so in Play Now I was only able to use the Panthers and Seahawks at Seattle; the game was still was using the data from the Panthers-Seahawks mini-game intro which included the cold temperature. After the game was fully installed, this no longer happened in Play Now.

MINUSES

- Frame rate is often noticeably not as smooth or as stable as the PS4 version. Often times you can clearly see it's running well below 60fps. Saw one particular instance where the frame rate dropped while a player was diving through the air to make a low tackle and the slow down made him look like he was diving in slow motion.

- EA requiring an Origin Account to use online features is not something I want to deal with, but this game forces it.

- Can't take screenshots. I know at least Forza 5 on XB1 has a screenshot feature. EA could put this feature in at some point, but overall this is an XBOX One console software issue meaning that screenshots should be system end so they can be taken in every game. MS needs to get their butts in gear with this.

Last edited by FaceMask; 01-19-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Screenshots are coming to the xb1 in feature updates
Old 12-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Screenshots are coming to the xb1 in feature updates
Sounds good. I've been hearing that for over a year now though. I wonder what the issue is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Sounds good. I've been hearing that for over a year now though. I wonder what the issue is.

It's not a simple process like he thought said Major Nelson , but it's coming prob early 2015 with the new dashboard update .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »