Home

MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:51 AM   #177
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Most of the people questioning Clark ARE Giants fans. Myself included. I think the amount of Clark love has a lot to do with if you grew up with him. By the time I was getting into baseball Clark was already on Texas so I felt no connection to him. Plus he spent half of his career on non-giant teams. I was a Barry Bonds, Robb Nen, Bill Mueller guy growing up.

I can think of at least 11 hall of famers I'd pick over Clark. I think Clark is probably a top 15/top 20 player for most giant fans (higher or lower for some depending on when they got into baseball) but certainly not top 5 and I highly doubt most people would consider him equal with Mccovey (the man has a cove named after him for goodness sake! Haha).
Clark was the heart and soul of the Giants in 80's Clark is a perfect choice. But I grew up with Clark but seriuos Clark is the man!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:58 AM   #178
Banned

Has there been any info on the new MLB radio they are supposedly going to have in this year's game? Anybody know anything about it?
Old 02-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #179
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show Video & Blog - Universal Rewards & Licensed Equipment Detailed

I think the Clark choice is surprising to people mostly because it is pretty easy to name more deserving players. Maybe not as easy as the White Sox choice. But you have McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal, Perry, Mays, not going to count Bonds since he would never be in the game. I have no idea how the licensing works for these historic players, but some of the choices I have to agree are odd and I feel like they couldn't get their top choices for many teams and had to go down the list a bit.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #180
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

I read through this thread and was surprised to see that no one had pointed out what's shown here (unless I overlooked that). I figured I would post a screenshot in case anyone missed that.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 AM   #181
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I read through this thread and was surprised to see that no one had pointed out what's shown here (unless I overlooked that). I figured I would post a screenshot in case anyone missed that.

Which part are you taking note of? Just the ritual items in general?

It's a funny little nod. I hope there a few more items to pick from. Like a chicken a la the movie, major league. Or something from Bull Durham.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 AM   #182
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Old 02-12-2015, 06:51 AM   #183
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Which part are you taking note of? Just the ritual items in general?
Yeah.

The first thing I noticed were the words "golden thong".

I got a kick out of that - something that's a common reference to actually wearing a female thong under your baseball pants - and how that was visually represented by a golden thong slipper.

When I rewound the video to pause the screen to see what else was listed/shown, I noticed the others and couldn't believe what I was seeing with "sleeping companion" and "minute man".

The references should be obvious, but appear innocent because they're represented by items that cover the sexual innuendos.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 AM   #184
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3maddenjunkie
so why do u think they couldn't go with mantle? I remember mantle being in 2k6 and in MVP baseball I think it was 2k6 or 2k7 one of the 2.
They may not have asked his relatives/kids or they were asking for too much money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »