Home

Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #577
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
He owns a company: http://airship-images.com/

...and they're in the UK.

The office park they list looks to be a bit newer/different style than what Mr. Grow posted.
On the plus side, this company worked on Ryse and Forza 2, both console/PC games. On the downside they were Xbox one exclusives. Looks like I may have to buy another console.

*edit Both those games were produced under the Microsoft studios umbrella. Doesn't Microsoft have a partnership with the NFL of some kind?

Last edited by kjcheezhead; 02-28-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Looks to be a Mobile Game, Utilizing Unreal Engine 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
i found this a cgi artist page of a headscan of joe montana stating he was working on an NFL game for joe montana he also show goal posts he's working on check out the links people !!! The goal post pic states its for unreal enginge i think we have a NFL game folks !!!!!

http://artforgames.com/joe/nfl-stadium-project/

I seee...............nothing. Blank.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #579
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
On the plus side, this company worked on Ryse and Forza 2, both console/PC games. On the downside they were Xbox one exclusives. Looks like I may have to buy another console.

*edit Both those games were produced under the Microsoft studios umbrella. Doesn't Microsoft have a partnership with the NFL of some kind?
Interesting point KJ, yes Microsoft did partner with the NFL for exclusive content at the launch of Xbox 1 and Microsoft did have NFL Fever prior to the NFL license going exclusive to EA. Hmmmmmm, the plot thickens [cue dramatic chipmunk].
Old 02-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #580
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Interesting point KJ, yes Microsoft did partner with the NFL for exclusive content at the launch of Xbox 1 and Microsoft did have NFL Fever prior to the NFL license going exclusive to EA. Hmmmmmm, the plot thickens [cue dramatic chipmunk].
Hopefully, it's more than just this, tablets and fantasy football stuff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ewing-of-games
Old 02-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #581
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Hopefully, it's more than just this, tablets and fantasy football stuff.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ewing-of-games
I think this stuff is already done. Surfaces were all over the sidelines (and commercials about them during the games) this year. And I remember X1 commercials advertising people watching football, checking fantasy stuff, and Skyping all through the console.

It's a 5 year contract though, so lots of time for more stuff to come about.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #582
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I think this stuff is already done. Surfaces were all over the sidelines (and commercials about them during the games) this year. And I remember X1 commercials advertising people watching football, checking fantasy stuff, and Skyping all through the console.

True, of course it's all just speculation, nothing else we can do right now but it's interesting that other than EA, Microsoft is the only other gaming company with NFL ties. Like you stated, their partnership was only revealed to encompass certain aspects, yet who knows how deep the specifics might run or what's transpired with it since its' inception.

Considering Joesph Harford mentioned working on Joe Montana for a NFL game and was rendering NFL stadiums, it seems plausible that the company behind this could be Microsoft.

All that said, we still don't know for sure the NFL license is even exclusive anymore, so there's that too. E3 2015 can't come fast enough, lol.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #583
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

That's just it, though, nothing about the future has been advertised.

So, is it status quo, or is there more?

Let's hope for more.

Stay tuned.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:13 AM   #584
MVP

OVR: 20

Microsoft possibly having an exclusive NFL game to combat Sony's exclusive MLB title? Interesting.

Maybe that's why the specific systems the game will be out on haven't been announced. I think at this point it has to be almost certain this is not just going to be a mobile game.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 03-01-2015 at 02:29 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »