Home

Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #153
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I would think not. Damon Grow has mentioned multiple times how important the sim community is.

And if Blitz is such a big name, wouldn't it be called BLITZ or at least have BLITZ in the title? And as to the QB, it's their style, and I honestly see more APF and BB than Blitz.
That's true. The "big name" is Montana I would guess. But it's hard to not think the game as being arcade style when the players have huge arms like they do in the pic.
Houston Rockets

Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #154
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'll be honest - that does look like an Xbox banner in the out-of-focus stadium. And if it is, that probably means this game is Xbox exclusive, which means I have no dog in this fight. The PC rumors came out of that one-post wonder, and I seriously doubt the credibility of that post.

But that pic is so low-res that I don't know what to make of it. To me, the only thing that this confirms is that there is actually a football game of some sort being made.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #155
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but any chance this is a new Blitz game?

Here is some evidence:
1. It has been mentioned several times that Airship has been working on a "big name American football game". Blitz is a pretty big name.
2. I haven't heard anything confirmed about the game being "sim".
3. Joe tweeted "It just got Unreal". I understand he is referencing the Unreal engine, but he could be referencing the fact that the game is not sim.
4. Look at the QB in the photo. His arms are jacked, just like the players in Blitz used to be.

This is all speculation, but I thought it was an interesting thought I should share.

If that happens, there will be full blown riots on social media
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 10:50 AM   #156
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
That's true. The "big name" is Montana I would guess. But it's hard to not think the game as being arcade style when the players have huge arms like they do in the pic.
I like it. It takes another step away Madden and what we consider football gaming. I don't want to look at the same game, so I'm appreciating the difference.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJa
I don't get the license problem. Even if there is no NFL license for JM16 wouldn't the modding community just create everything anyways (at least for PC gamers)? Rosters, logos shouldn't be too difficult to create/change, arena could but given enough time they will come out as well. I'm only a NBA 2K gamer but almost everything could be customized in that game, it should be the same for JM16 as well, no?
Agreed. Not only is that the last thing to worry about, but imo the community is a thousand times better than any development team for stuff like rosters. No developer (I don`t care how much they spend) can ever match the power of the users.

"
To be concrete about it, 10 times as much user content comes from the users as comes from us. So we think we are super productive and badass, but we cannot compete with our own customers as regards the production of content. The only company we ever met that kicked our *** is our customers. We would never try to compete with them." -Gabe Newell
Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #158
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I like it. It takes another step away Madden and what we consider football gaming. I don't want to look at the same game, so I'm appreciating the difference.
Maybe the game is NFL Fever-esque. The player models were bulkier than their real life counterparts. However, I would consider it a sim game. I loved the graphics it had for being 2002.uploadfromtaptalk1426604034467.jpg
Houston Rockets

Old 03-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #159
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'll be honest - that does look like an Xbox banner in the out-of-focus stadium. And if it is, that probably means this game is Xbox exclusive, which means I have no dog in this fight. The PC rumors came out of that one-post wonder, and I seriously doubt the credibility of that post.

But that pic is so low-res that I don't know what to make of it. To me, the only thing that this confirms is that there is actually a football game of some sort being made.
I agree, that post shouldn't be taken in consideration at this moment going forward. The post stated the game would have the NFL over it.

At the very least, that post needs to be taken much less seriously.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 AM   #160
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree, that post shouldn't be taken in consideration at this moment going forward. The post stated the game would have the NFL over it.

At the very least, that post needs to be taken much less seriously.
Also stated 2K was involved. Also debunked. I do not take any grains of salt with that post.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »