Home

Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 2
Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

As a former QB I already appreciate the QB mechanics in the screenshot. He is rolling away from his throwing arm but still attempting to keep his shoulders pointed upfield. This is something that I always loved about all pro football 2k8. QB mechanics and footwork are a thing of beauty in that game.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #178
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

The screen shot definitely doesn't look like something on mobile, and there's never been an indie football game that looked remotely close to that.

I am a bit concerned at all the intense post-processing going on (so dang blurry). It looks extremely unnatural. It wouldn't be too hard to 'bullshot' a mobile game to make it look a bit better, and blurring out all detail would certainly help with that.

EDIT: Model/uniform is pretty much identical to the one in this mocap clip: https://twitter.com/JoeMontana/statu...49532036710400

Last edited by jp7588; 03-17-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #179
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
As a former QB I already appreciate the QB mechanics in the screenshot. He is rolling away from his throwing arm but still attempting to keep his shoulders pointed upfield. This is something that I always loved about all pro football 2k8. QB mechanics and footwork are a thing of beauty in that game.
It looks fantastic, I've been wanting EA to get QB animations right and hopefully it looks how I think it will in video.

Last edited by MajorSupreme; 03-17-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #180
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's almost certainly a bullshot in some respects as to not reveal some of their branding and stuff. It has a specific purpose, don't think they're really misrepresenting their intent editing it. Just demonstrating it exists and providing more context for the project and discussion.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Even though I don't believe they hold an NFL license here's what has me excited. IF they do have the license and the game is exclusive to Xbox one and or PC that mean there would be nothing stopping Sony from making their own exclusive NFL game. Could you imagine in a few short years having 3 football games to choose from?
That could be huge and actually was hoping for an announcement from the MLB the Show team before they announced their shooter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 2

Xbox-Banner? Which is that?
Old 03-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #183
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuny101
That could be huge and actually was hoping for an announcement from the MLB the Show team before they announced their shooter
In the unlikely event that this game is licensed, I'd say it has more to do with Microsoft's $400 million marketing deal with the NFL (Xbox One: official console of the NFL) than an all-out first-party loophole. Hell, according to Wikipedia, the MS deal costs more than EA's exclusive deal.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #184
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
It looks fantastic, I've bern wanting EA to get QB animations right and hopefully it looks how I think it will in video.
One of the most embarrassing about Madden animation wise. If they don't fix that this year they should be ashamed. If this new generic game comes out and shows them up, just.....smh.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »