Home

MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:03 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)

Everyone seems to quibble over little intricacies yet the left handed pitching meter cant be adjusted to face the other direction. It's absolutely ridiculous that a detail like this, which wouldn't take long to implement, still hasn't been put into place.

And please quit with the nonsense of taking away time from other features. Having the option to reverse the pitching meter couldn't possibly take much time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #26
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch237
I have a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can help with.

1. Is there a way to edit batting glove and cleat styles like you could in the previous versions? I can edit the colors, but it seems like everyone is stuck with what the game generates as far as the style is concerned.

2. How do I create another profile? I want to do a 30 team franchise, but want only to control 1 team and be able to veto trades. I know that in previous versions you could create multiple profiles and have one control the other 29 teams and not have to worry about all of the "other duties".

Any help would be appreciated!
I have been wondering the same thing re: changing cleat and batting glove styles. Not sure if its a bug or if they simply got lazy w ps3 having all the concentration be on the ps4 edition. Its really too bad, this years game is a huge disappointment. The ps4 version looks amazing but ps3 really got neglected. Its no different from 14 except the dynamic mode(which is a waste if youve played before) and directional hitting. I guess I'll be buying a ps4 next april so I can play a GOOD game.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #27
Just started!

This game sucks... Well, if youve never played it before youre gonna love it... But if youre someone who has been playing it for years, youre gonna be pissed. ZERO major improvements or corrections from past versions... Even the patch that was done recently didnt correct the things it claimed to. i.e. McCutcheon's hair... TOTAL disappointment. They put no effort into the PS3 version.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinaPrius
This game sucks... Well, if youve never played it before youre gonna love it... But if youre someone who has been playing it for years, youre gonna be pissed. ZERO major improvements or corrections from past versions... Even the patch that was done recently didnt correct the things it claimed to. i.e. McCutcheon's hair... TOTAL disappointment. They put no effort into the PS3 version.

Did they at least update Trout's face from 14? It looks like Harper and a few other guys got an update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Don't know if this particular topic has been hit in the thread already, but here goes..

To start, my last MLBTS was '11, so I am pretty happy with the gameplay and graphical presentation in '15 compared to '11 and don't want to sound like a whiner. But....my big beef is still with the broken Fast Forward mode, because I choose to only hit in season mode, and sim when my team is in the field. I don't know why SCEA could not add a "next at-bat" to the choices and allow the game to sim one batter at a time. I am about 20 games into my season and i can point to at least 3 games I have lost the lead because of the shortcomings of FF mode, namely A.I. subbing cold pitchers not even up in my bullpen and not being able to sub pitchers myself mid-inning to get better matchups. Sad thing is that I think FF has been like this from the start of the franchise.

It's broken, SCEA. If you continue to develop MLBTS on PS3, please fix this. I can't be the only one out here tired of this.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #30
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Wondering to whom those new PS3 verions of game like The Show appeal to which are still being released.

I'd assume that probably casual gamers are those who haven't bought a PS4 yet, but wouldn't those be just fine with a much less pricey The Show 13 or 14? The other group might be those who don't want, or can't spend much money on gaming. But also for them it would make little sense to buy the brand new and expensive newest version of The Show.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Wondering to whom those new PS3 verions of game like The Show appeal to which are still being released.

I'd assume that probably casual gamers are those who haven't bought a PS4 yet, but wouldn't those be just fine with a much less pricey The Show 13 or 14? The other group might be those who don't want, or can't spend much money on gaming. But also for them it would make little sense to buy the brand new and expensive newest version of The Show.
Or it could be those who are waiting to see "real" improvements in the game, not just some slightly higher rez version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #32
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Or it could be those who are waiting to see "real" improvements in the game, not just some slightly higher rez version.
What's the last version you played?

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »