Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1074
Something so basic and so important as edit a player is in every sports title these days yet here we are in 2015 and we're left with "We'll look into it." and "We were busy with the AHL integration." Really? I know the staff is much smaller compared to other AAA games like FIFA or Madden but we're not asking for the moon here. Long hours and hard work went to playoff beards and crazy neon skates for my be the pro player but there just wasn't enough time to program an interface to adjust ratings of a player or fix goalie masks???? It just doesn't add up.

I can only hope a new NHLView editor can save the day and allow us to make the adjustments.
lol I asked them if they were going to put in a roster sharing feature like Madden did...hell madden even updated the player editing with a patch! Imagine that...They didn't answer of course

It's just pure laziness and outright arrogance

This game is going to be NHL 15 1.0 (NHL 15 isn't finished)

Anthony Mantha weighed 177 pounds until the April 22 update, I believe he's 219 now...

Yet they never tweeted about it, Nick Ritchie 207-226 pounds, Lawson Cruise and McDavid also had weight changes, they never said a word about that...Why? Nobody gives a crap if Ritchie and Mantha are big strong 1st round talented power forwards? Were they embarrassed to get it so horribly wrong the first time?

I can't understand how something as simple as a roster/player edit feature isn't something they can find the time to do...the interface is already there with the create a player...

It's arrogance, it's pure "screw you, we don't give a crap, you will get the bi monthly roster update and like it!"

It's sickening how many people who bought this game are just quiet on the lack of roster updates. It seems like 1/30 people actually care that until April 22 Anthony Mantha the best prospect the red wings have weighed 177 pounds.

How can FIFA and Madden have roster editing and not NHL? How was roster editing even removed from NHL 15? I just can't think of a real life situation where someone says "nah....we can't bother to get an intern to code the roster/player edit feature this summer" like the coding would be that simple an intern could do it. It's not like AI trade logic, it's not like the physics of the puck or player collision. It's a simple basic fact based math related code that's needed to add it. The entire interface is already there with create a player...it's just something I cannot understand unless they specifically wanted no edited rosters/players.

Last edited by datdoodiemane; 05-23-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
That edit question answer really comes off douchy. We PRIORITIZED all these other features(THAT ARE STAPLES TO EVER OTHER SPORTS GAME) so we didn't put Edit Players in.

They better have fixed the goalie gear issue then cause I dunno if it's my OCD, but I hate seeing my newly aquired goalie wearing the wrong colors.
Roster sharing and editing is a staple to madden and 2K basketball....2 better selling games.

You would assume they would look at the better selling sports games and figure out why they are selling so well.

Wrong, so wrong, I am starting to believe the NHL series guys are arrogant douche bags. Starting at the top with "Rammer"....like you're 40 something years old nice handle bro, a teenager's nickname for the lead developer, it's fratboy level, "Rammer's doing a mega keg stand bra!" "Rammer just took the fattest bong rip!"...

Seriously is anyone surprised he doesn't have his **** in order?
Old 05-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #43
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Not in the next (current) gen version. It is back to goalies retaining equipment from previous teams. This is true for AHL players playing in the NHL as well. Additionally, draft picks from junior don't have visors, and a host of other equipment assignment issues.

This stuff was somewhat sorted out on last-gen after so many years (anyone remember when all picks had a reebok lid, no visor, same face, and a scar?), but it's all back to the foundation now.
I see. Not surprising considering how bare boned the rest of the game is, I suppose. Just another feature that used to be in the game.

I didn't bother with GM mode because of how awful it and the game play was.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #44
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

Add me to the list of people NOT buying if Edit Player isn't in there. EA don't learn very well from their own past mistakes. It's okay, let them make the game THEY want to make and suffer for it. It's really sad that this year's game is what NHL 15 should've been and heck it doesn't even sound that complete right now, and it's not even released yet!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #45
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
and Rammer had the audacity to say "Edit Player is a priority for us"

Did he say that? WHen? If he did and we have a video of it, and if its clear that this IMPORTANT feature is not in...WE CAN SAY RAMMER YOU're A LIAR!

I dont remember him saying that though. But Honestly, I dont believe that guy ever since, I always look at the end product - then I will know if he's saying the truth or not. So obviously, I did not buy 13-14 because I learned He's not the right guy for that job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #46
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Did he say that? WHen? If he did and we have a video of it, and if its clear that this IMPORTANT feature is not in...WE CAN SAY RAMMER YOU're A LIAR!

I dont remember him saying that though. But Honestly, I dont believe that guy ever since, I always look at the end product - then I will know if he's saying the truth or not. So obviously, I did not buy 13-14 because I learned He's not the right guy for that job.
It was in his response to the edit player in BeaGM question. In fairness I'm not sure if it's Rammer answering these questions or not. The response was it's very important and something they will look into (AKA NHL17) but that they felt other things (mentioned in the answer) were more important. UGH
Old 05-24-2015, 12:34 AM   #47
Rookie

Samz555's Arena

Just sad I just hope they read the blogs and realize people a desperate for this...And the fact it's a such a number priority to have this BASIC feature in the game!

Hopefully they tell us soon they'll be adding it in! Hope this early reveal of the features will serve it's purpose so they'll see what they have to put in (EDIT PLAYER) so the game sells...
Old 05-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #48
Rookie

EA needs to get rid of the dead weight in that department . Get rid of this rammer guy get someone who is willing to listen to his customers .Put an actual hockey fan in that chair see what they can come up with .new blood is never a bad thing maybe if this season doesn't see a huge increase in sales changes will finally happen .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »