Home

Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #89
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

no formation subs again? wow. that sucks.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 3

No custom plays
No custom packages
No form subs
Special team subs

And the pushing of xp further minimizes player individuality. With this system you can basically turn anybody great with enough attention and dedicated resources. Totally unrealistic.

Also the scouting seems to have gotten easier, so not only can you turn anyone great, you can find a beast to turn into a legend.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 32
Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise Details Revealed

What is all of this focus on XP and goals during a game? Is Madden going to a system of mini-games. Scratching my head right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #92
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
This. I let myself get a little too optimistic that Kolbe from the show worked exclusively on CFM. While they added little things nothing really changed at all. Still no restricted free agents, practice squads, coaching carousel, real depth chart(Sam lb, will lb, special teams).

CFM just has no life to it, it feels like a bunch of play now games just strung together. Bring the drama of the NFL to us.
Yeah man, we went from an apology to hardcore fans letter about Franchise mode before Madden 11, to HC09 elements in Madden 12 (although even those weren't the more NFL realistic lauded ones) and then to this Connected modes idea in Madden 13, which is a solid premise in terms of being able to advance all the career modes together but took an odd arcadey path. I still remember when EA claimed the numbers didn't support that enough gamers played Franchise mode but did a 180 on that, which for some reason seem to make them conclude it needed to be "funned" up. It's just been an odd path that career modes have taken in Madden since EA deemed them important, all while claiming all this is somehow what gamers have been asking for.

Aside from all that though, I don't get how any of these decisions or design choices, like XP, goals, draft stories, etc, mandated that Franchise or just a more traditional NFL based career option not be offered. The NFL things we are hoping and looking for year over year, like true depth charts, injury systems, formation subs, practice squads, real coaches/coaching positions, etc and even something as simple as a career mode ticker like was in NCAA Football 14 to make the mode more cohesive, don't seem to jive with this video game first vision.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #93
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 16 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Xp is great if you are playing as a single player, or gaining xp as a coach to buy coach packages, xp fails as a system for player progression though.
Problem. This ofcourse isn't just a Madden thing but since when is a sports game about "buying" packages. I don't want to be a good scout because I bought a coach package, I want my scouting rating to increase because I have a tendency to draft high rated (high performing) players.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:06 PM   #94
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

No mention of them fixing regression. WR's should not be slower than most OL by time they're 32. Mike Wallace should not ever be 65 spd.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 16

To me I think they have some good ideas in what they are doing in Franchise mode and a lot of this stuff is overdue. One thing EA has to realized that hard core fans are in tuned with football in the offseason as much as in season. I remember a time I felt like the draft in madden was just as exciting as playing the game.

Secondly I know the game has different schemes on defense and stuff like that but Gameplay wise they need to do a better job on us being able to tell the difference in these schemes. A 3-4 defense is just a 3-4 defense... In the game I dont look at it any different than a 4-3 defense. I can attack them the same way. D-line in a 3 4 gets block easily by one blocker. A 3-4 defensive lineman is a 2-gap controlled player. Meaning they are responsible for a gap on each side of them. The game play nowhere like that.

I think for me the gameplay will be much more exciting if I enjoyed the strategy part of the game that happens possession to possession than DB/WR interactions. I think thats great they added it but I want to feel like a coach and I want to feel like what I did was the difference in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #96
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Here is my issue, Yes in real life , its free for every team. However unlike real life, your not taking a player with mediocre speed and just dominating in madden, Speed and strength are very important ( depending on position) they kill moreso in madden than in real life.Is a super fast guy in real life really good, yes, but its even more impactful in madden, always has been. Thus i dont care for it. At least the way it was in madden 15, guys had to spend some points to find out a letter grade, thus they couldnt use all their points on too many other things, because you can bet, they checked out a players speed, accel, and strength ( at certain positions) ,this limited how much more they could scout, thus gave greater opportunity to find a guy in the 4th or 5th round , that could come out as a really good player. I just feel, this is gonna take out some of that aspect and make it easier to figure out who is better and once again drafts will be mostly void of the best players after 2 rounds.
I agree completely. In theory it's good especially for offline guys, but I play exclusively online. This will make it so that almost no 95 spd HB CB and WR make it out of the 2nd round.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »