Home

NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:16 AM   #17
Rookie

infernoisdead's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm not sure if this has been said elsewhere, but I'm not upset at all about all of the negatives they are answering. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a fully fleshed out game now. I just think it's a great thing that they are addressing the multitude of shortcomings now. Last year a lot of people were up in arms with getting the bad news essentially the week of launch. Now people (not necessarily in this thread) are up in arms that the bad news is coming so early in the process.

When would be a good time to discuss the things that are missing? I'm just happy I know early on what to expect
Old 06-04-2015, 02:42 AM   #18
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead
I'm not sure if this has been said elsewhere, but I'm not upset at all about all of the negatives they are answering. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a fully fleshed out game now. I just think it's a great thing that they are addressing the multitude of shortcomings now. Last year a lot of people were up in arms with getting the bad news essentially the week of launch. Now people (not necessarily in this thread) are up in arms that the bad news is coming so early in the process.

When would be a good time to discuss the things that are missing? I'm just happy I know early on what to expect
IMO, its not how early or late the infos are coming but the lack of attention to the clamor of the fans people are frustrated. For example, Edit-a-player feature will not be in 16 whereas most sports game has it.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:05 AM   #19
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 16: EA Answers Questions About EASHL, Practice Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead

I agree about being glad about more transparency, but we can't expect the customers to be joyous over what is essentially still bad news.

I think people were really hoping that EA had some tricks hidden up their sleeves for 16, after 15 was so stripped down and disappointing to so many. And while it is certainly a step in the right direction that they are answering more questions this time around, they still aren't the answers that many people were hoping to hear for this year.

I think we must also wait and see how early they start releasing actual game play media, and how much of it they show. Because it peculiar how secretive they were with last year. Almost foretelling. Now, it must be noted that almost all of the sports titles that had their initial launch on the latest gen consoles had media secrecy that was nearly unmatched in history, but NHL 15 was seemingly at red alert with lockdown on their features and footage from the actual game.

I hope that the lesson learned is that transparency and honesty builds trust. As has been evident with other developers. Sure, people will be upset and angry that their most wanted features are not in, or not exactly how they had imagined, but there was nothing worse than hiding it from the consumers, or even lying about it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »